looking for a bean/rice burger recipe (vegetarian)

crazy

Adventurer
I love peas my wife hates them:D

we have tried a few recipes....we need to be careful..it can get HOT real easy:Wow1:

She is slower to the idea so we are actually cleaning out our freezers and experimenting, we are at 5 days no meat and 2 days very small portions, my new years I am hoping to have her where I want to be

I am not trying to simulate meat...I can't deal with the textures of the "processed FAUX meat" my son loves all of them

I did find some faux-dogs that I really like...you can grill them etc just5 like regular ones "YVES The good dog" taste just like dogs when they have condiments on them

Hardest part is I really miss the Smoking and grill work...that has been hardest to change

You know it's me Cal.

I'm not a vegetarian but I still love non-meat food. As far as grilling, I grill egg plant, tomatoes, peppers, onions to name a few. It sounds like you are trying to find a direct replacement for with your faux dogs. I'm not a shrink but I do play one on TV. I think you need to explore new foods instead of playing with fake dogs and burgers. If I go to a middle eastern fast food joint or restaurant, I can walk out stuffed to the gills and very satisfied without touching one piece of meat. Not because I was trying to avoid it but because there was so much other food to stuff my face with. Indian restaurants have many vegetarian items. I know you have taken the bus out some awesome trips. You should hit some different restaurants when you're out and about to find different things that you and the wife like cause if you don't, you'll be back to meat and tatters. Let me know where to send my bill.:elkgrin:

photo_i

Explorer
I think that secret to good meal is in the spices. Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine has lots of tasty veggie dishes, so does SE Asian kitchen. I'd stay from tofu hot dogs as far as possible but I'll eat tofu bonito flakes/soy/sweet chili sauce any time. :)

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Black Beluga Lentils.
Try 'em. Best lentils ever.
Little bit of onion, little bit of garlic, little bit more curry, some rice, yum.
Never made it into a burger but I bet it would work...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12