Looking for a G500, and tell me about this carfax

arcteryx

Adventurer
Ok, here goes, take if FWIW. Keep in mind I love G500s.

As someone who used to work for Carfax, that is actually a really good report as it has a lot of meaningful data. Carfax is constantly obtaining data, not just accident records, but maintenance too. I would rather know as much about a vehicle's maintenance before purchasing it instead of afterwards, no matter how bad it may be. To me, this shows 2 things- 1) that the vehicle was regularly serviced at the dealer (most if not all of the time) and 2) potential build issues with this vehicle.

Personally, I would not purchase any vehicle ever registered from Illinois. Why? Again, 2 reasons- 1) I dont buy vehicles from the rust belt after having a Canadian cruiser and 2) because this is one of 2 states where the laws prevent companies from selling automotive accident records, courtesy of Big Corporate lobbyists (this could have changed since I worked there, but I have not heard otherwise from my former colleagues). Unless you get a mechanic to thoroughly check it out, you will never know if it's been in an accident.

If you do get it, I would definitely have some cash on hand for unexpected repairs, it is a Benz ya know! Hope that helps.

zimm

Expedition Leader
first id do an auto check and a carfax. autocheck has always given me more info. not little ****, i mean big **** like odo roll backs not detected with carcrap.

second......

that reads like a god damn land rover... and BAD land rover at that! holy cow. the 2003 sounds like the rig was trashed on the inside, like it was stolen.

zimm

Expedition Leader
03-04 mbusa g's supposedly have allot of issues. thats an 01 gray market.

looks clerical, but who knows? take a look at it. run an auto check and see what that comes up with.

drive it and watch for any vibrations up to 30-40 mph. if so the center shaft needs serviced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears