Looking for a ladder

tacozord

Adventurer
I'm in need of some brainstorming ideas from people. I've searched until my eyes have bugged out of my head, and I cannot find the right solution to my problem.

Basically, I want a ladder to be able to climb on top of my Flippac. I want to use the roof as a higher vantage point to setup a tripod and photograph from. To get up there, I need a ladder. But I'm trying to find a very basic, light-weight ladder that can be attached and detached from the vehicle. Ideally, I don't want to leave it permanently mounted to the truck. So I'd like to store it inside the shell and take it out when needed. I think a quick-release type attachment to secure it to the vehicle would be ideal. Also, I'm not particular if it's on the side or the rear of the truck. If on the rear, then the option of a shorter ladder that I can climb up while standing on the tailgate is acceptable.

Here's the truck. Any ideas on how to solve my problem? Thanks.

2015-09-27_Flippac_Z2A5746_web800.jpg

Dragos28

Adventurer
well, i have it on my RTT.
I dont see any reason why it would not work as a lean-to but i would attach it to the roof and have a quick-fist to hold it in place, or maybe some velcro.
I see it mounted on the edge of the camper roof and you would flip it down to use.

tacozord

Adventurer
I've seen telescoping ladders that you can buy at Home Depot and what not. They're very cool, but extremely heaving and I think the shortest one I could find is 12'.

spikemd

Explorer
Search for telescoping ladder on Amazon and you will find many options. Similar to the RTT ladder, but many sizes depending on your height requirements. Also, the Tepui ladder has attachment ends and you probably want capped ends. They compact down quite small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12