looking for a source of Specter gas can lids

sjk99

Adventurer
Does anyone know of a source for Specter fuel container caps? I picked up three containers today from a surplus store in Phoenix (US Surplus 3403 N. 35th Ave) for $31 each but they came with blitz can caps that use the internal threads of the neck. I don't mind continuing to use them that way, the gasket on the blitz caps covers the whole bearing surface of the neck so as long as it's the right material should do OK. But I wouldn't mind picking up the correct caps if available.

The condition was scuffed up on the outside but these three are dry on the inside. They have about 8 more most of which seem to have had some liquid inside. Half are marked Fuel and half are marked POL. All have the blitz caps. Fwiw, they also have a row of the Specter water containers, painted black over tan with the correct caps, for around $29.

I called DS Tactical who said that "sure we have em'" but quickly detected my accent, said they couldn't ship any parts south and that I'd need an intermediary on their side of the border. The caps don't have a catalog entry or part number so can't be ordered on-line to avoid the screening.

Adventure Trailers didn't have any but provided the number of Equipt where I've left a message.

National 4WD out of Canada has some bits and pieces on their web site but not the caps specifically. I'll call tomorrow but expect the same human filter as with DST.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

762X39

Explorer
I have ordered replacement lids for my old sceptre cans from National4WD before (they are local to me).It took a while to get them which is funny because the Sceptre plant is only about 60 kilometres from my house.The marking POL stands for Petroleum,Oil,Lubricant IIRC.:coffee:

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Hmmm...:coffee:

Maybe it's time to visit Ontario. 762X39, you wouldn't happen to know if they sell their products at their plant do you?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I got a few dozen caps, a handful of flanges and straps from National4WD, they too wouldn't ship to the US but we used a 'contraband' runner :D

FWIW I know Paul @ Equipt is out of the cans and parts these days.

EDIT: Sorry but all of the caps and parts are 100% spoken for, I did it as a group buy type deal here on ExPo as well as several other forums and they were gone in most cases the day they arrived. I would recommend you guys find a Canadian buddy and get a group order together. Ship them to one location in the US and distribute from there.

Last edited:

sjk99

Adventurer
Thanks, looks like a reverse-underground railroad is needed. How pathetic. Western civilization is indeed doomed.

xr8dxj

Adventurer
Could we have a batch sent to Canada and send a coyote across the border to get them? :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle