Looking for a Toyota mechanic in Tucson AZ. !!!

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
A friend of mind looking to buy a 2000 Land cruiser from a dealer in Tucson , and before we buy it , we would like to have it inspected. It would be on this Saturday.
Also, if you know of any particular this to look for in the inspection, please let me know. The vehicle has 134k miles, and they are looking for $13k.
the vehicle than would be upgraded to an off road with more capabilities .
Thanks in advance,
Izzy

a.mus.ed

Explorer
Link to ad? I've got a great mechanic for when I use one, but I don't know if he'll be working on Saturday. I'm not an expert on the 100's, otherwise I'd volunteer to help out.

Reece04

Observer
Sounds like the gray one at cactus auto. If it is I had all the service records pulled and a list of repairs and costs pulled from toyota... It needs all new power door lock actuators and those are $300ish each plus labor. It also needed a steering rack, that is $1200 part plus 6-7 hrs labor... The exhaust manifold had a leak so about $750 in parts and 4 hours per side for labor... The service records called for a timing belt but them it said it had the 90k service...$250ish And last but not least the antenna does not go up or down... $250ish... I figured $4k plus for Toyota to do the work, but otherwise it was a great 100 series... They will negotiate, it has been on there lot since jul 2011 according to car fax... They will let you have it inspected by Toyota and precision Toyota at the auto mall will go thru it fully for $100... I did all my research thru the web and a friend... I would lowball at 8500 or 9 with the service records in hand and see what you can get. Good luck!

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
Hank, that's the one, Thanks for the update! That was great report!! my buddy is leaning now more towards an 80 series and we should be able to find more of them around. just worried too much about the head gasket failure prone vehicle..

Reece04

Observer
Personally I like the looks of the 80 series better but the 100 series has an awesome engine... My buddy has an 80 that I have driven a few times and it lacks power... If you are set on an 80 get a 91 or 92 before they changed the engine... Less power, no head gasket issue. It's always a toss up. I love my suburban for towing, camping, etc. But when I get it on a tight trail, it is exhausting trying to menuver something that big... I could get a 4runner or LC but I lose the towing ability.

Anyway, good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears