Looking for advice

dcr

I've used the Mr buddy heater on two trips recently to heat our 6 man tent and couldn't be happier. I have the setup for bulk propane but haven't needed it. Since it hasn't been really cold yet I've had it set up on a 1lb tank and ready to go in case I get cold. At least 3 nights of the past two trips it's been turned on around 3am and left to run. The other nights it was just used to heat up first thing in the morning while getting dressed. I have ran it on high for as long as 4 hours and haven't noticed any odor issues or anything that would make me uneasy. Since my tent is pretty tall and heat rises, I would think it would work even better in your set up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Overland_Ranger

I've used the Mr buddy heater on two trips recently to heat our 6 man tent and couldn't be happier. I have the setup for bulk propane but haven't needed it. Since it hasn't been really cold yet I've had it set up on a 1lb tank and ready to go in case I get cold. At least 3 nights of the past two trips it's been turned on around 3am and left to run. The other nights it was just used to heat up first thing in the morning while getting dressed. I have ran it on high for as long as 4 hours and haven't noticed any odor issues or anything that would make me uneasy. Since my tent is pretty tall and heat rises, I would think it would work even better in your set up.

Yeah I'm thinking that it will heat up the bed of my truck quite nicely and after I insulate the topper a little better it should hold heat well. I'm gonna set it up for the 20 lb blue rhino can so I won't have to change it out as much, or worry about waking up cold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

dcr

Yeah I'm thinking that it will heat up the bed of my truck quite nicely and after I insulate the topper a little better it should hold heat well. I'm gonna set it up for the 20 lb blue rhino can so I won't have to change it out as much, or worry about waking up cold.

I do also have a secondary o2 alarm that I keep in the box for peace of mind. But honestly it hasn't left the box. But my tent doesn't seal super tight either...

ElkinsEric

Observer
Have to agree with the correct sleeping bag and insulation.

I slept in my hammock last year in -20 weather. Only things I used were a therma rest pad in the bottom of the hammock, a cheap Trekker (sp?) -20 bag from Cabela's with a thin Walmart fleece sleeping bag stuffed inside it, and both of those in an Army surplus bivy. Didn't get cold or wake up once til daylight.

When I had my ranger with a tonneau cover I used 2 big candles to keep warm. Just make sure to let some airflow in.

Overland_Ranger

Update:

First night in the truck was a warm success! I built my bed frame and flooring so I wouldn't have to step on the cold bed liner. The Mr buddy heater warms up the truck quite well so I only had to use it right before bed, and when I woke up just to change and warm up. It snowed 5 inches overnight so I'm surprised I stayed so warm. I'm working on getting reflectix and fabric to insulate the topper

Overland_Ranger

Here's an updated picture of my current setup!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1448839729199.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1448839729199.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 27

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78