Looking for an Baroud Evasion

TactilTex

Observer
I had been looking for the Explorer model but none were available,and after talking to the guy at TAV I was told they're the same tent the only difference being the top shell on the Evasion doesnt have a cargo area which was fine by me. Talked to James again and I should be seeing a large box in my driveway in a week or so.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
I had been looking for the Explorer model but none were available,and after talking to the guy at TAV I was told they're the same tent the only difference being the top shell on the Evasion doesnt have a cargo area which was fine by me. Talked to James again and I should be seeing a large box in my driveway in a week or so.

Glad you were able to find one, the explorer is our most in demand tent and they go quickly!

Maxcustody

Explorer
I love my james baroud.....
9c4178159ace73044f3acb90b364d320.jpg

Sent from my Roof Top Tent

TactilTex

Observer
Glad you were able to find one, the explorer is our most in demand tent and they go quickly!

So tell me.
Was the info given me correct?
I mean I really dont need the roof top storage given it's weight limitations.

Whoops..for all I know I spoke with you on the phone.
Tell me if I'm wrong but I believe I spoke with someone named James.

concretejungle

Adventurer
two improvements that i heard they made were to make the lift struts less aggressive which is a good thing. Mine are so stiff that it really takes a lot of force to close. So having less "stiff" struts with a lockout is a no-brainer fix.

Second improvement i heard is the entire wall system can be unzipped with a large screen for a huge view and unbelievable ventilation.

Now, if they would just make them about 3-4 inches longer they would be pretty darn perfect.

Maxcustody

Explorer
I have had both generations. The struts indeed are better and I love the extended view......

Sent from my Roof Top Tent

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
So tell me.
Was the info given me correct?
I mean I really dont need the roof top storage given it's weight limitations.

Whoops..for all I know I spoke with you on the phone.
Tell me if I'm wrong but I believe I spoke with someone named James.

Yes there is a James here as well haha. What info was given to you?

TactilTex

Observer
Yes there is a James here as well haha. What info was given to you?

That the Evasion is essentially the same tent as the Explorer without the cargo area on top.
I should clarify that the guy at TAV said this.

Last edited:

photo nomad

Adventurer
You'll be very happy with the 2015 Evasion Evo. I've got one as well and have already spent 36 nights in it. The additional windows make it nice and bright and provide great airflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12