Looking for info from intech flyer explore owners (AC performance)

oneslodx

this is my first post and i have tried to search this topic on here and on other sites. We purchased a new Intech Flyer explore at the end of 2021 and until about the last couple months have not had a chance to do much hot weather camping in it. I absolutly love the camper but i am just trying to get some info from other owners about how well the ac unit performs on hot days.

to start i want to say we have the double tip out model with no kitchen, and no awnings. I had the ac soft start installed at purchase and have tested the ac in similar conditions running on both generator and shore power.

If we camp on a day that's in the low to mid 90s we are lucky to get temps down below maybe 85 inside the trailer during the day. It is knocking humidity down like it should but i was expecting the ac unit to be plenty to keep the trailer cooler than that. I am really just looking to see if anyone can tell me if this is normal due to the tent beds or should i consider taking my trailer to the dealer to get the unit checked out? I have contacted them and they said they don't personally have experience camping in a double tip out model so they arent sure exactly how well it should cool. The dealership is also about a 2 hour drive for me which is why i'm coming here to hopefully get some experience info from other owners before making that trip to possibly just be told that it is what it is. thank you for anyone that can help me with this.

Tkhawk

Adventurer
I have the single tip out explore and it'll cool it down to the low 70s when its in the mid 90's outside. I do know that the tip out lets a lot of heat in so it could be the second tip out possibly.

Have you tried a driveway test with the tip outs closed? Or even try closing the mattress bag if you are not using the beds and see what difference that makes.

Also, stick a thermometer to the air vent and see what the air blowing out is.

Zillon

Might want to try some reflective foil insulation inside the tip-outs - it's something I see a lot of Explore owners do on the FB groups to keep thermal transfer at bay.

I have the Pursue (smaller, no tip out), and it's probably the same Dometic roof-top unit - and it'll cool the inside down to 60 degrees if I let it go at full blast for a while.

MuckSavage

Adventurer
I have a single tip out Explore & it cools nicely. @Tkhawk recommended some good tests. Try them out.
I added an awning over the tip out & did make the reflectix insulation. With is installed in the tip out, The trailer is like a freezer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior