Looking for info on bike rentals in Chile

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Anyone have any good tips or connections for rental bikes in Chile? I'm going to be down for most of September and a buddy of mine and I are looking into picking up some bikes to explore around on a bit. Ideally something out of the Santiago area would be great, but any info would be great.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I'd try Advrider or HorizonsUnlimited. Both have tons of folks who may have bikes either available or for rent all over South America....

-H-

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Thanks Andrew, I was thinking about posting over there, but I need to register still and was a bit short on time last night. I'll give it a shot.

jkam

nomadic man
What kind of bikes do you want?

I don't know of anyone in Santiago but I do know of dirt bikes for rent in Temuco. Temuco is in a great riding area south of Santiago.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Sorry, I should have been more specific. We are looking for dual sport bikes. I haven't been to Temuco but that might be a possibility. We were toying with riding along the coast a bit as we'd be spending 3 weeks in the Andes prior and probably be leaning toward some different scenery. Really, we are totally open at the moment and were looking to solicit some recomendations from friends who live there. If you have a contact in Temuco please pass it on as options are good!

I haven't posted on adv rider yet, been busy but am hoping to register and do so soon.

jkam

nomadic man
I'm from ADV Rider.

Here is a link to an outfit that does rentals and tours.
http://www.southpacificcross.cl/spcin/index.html

I haven't used them, I had my own bike there back in 2001.
The company I remember was using Honda XR650's, but it was a very popular area for dualsport riding.
From Chillan down to Temuco and along the Carreterra Astral would be a very different ride from that of the Andes. The further south you get the more tropical it becomes. Ferns and moss on the trees like the PNW.

Something to consider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online