Looking for recovery board solutions with my Teraflex HD Hinge Carrier

GKSJeep

Hello,

I am looking for recovery board mounting solutions for my Teraflex HD tire carrier. I currently have the accessory mount installed as well as well as a Titan Trail Trekker fuel tank. I am currently using Maxsa recovery boards but I would upgrade to ARB or Maxtrax if I find a good mounting solution.

I know that GP Factor has a mount for this but (1) I do not know if it will work with the Titan fuel tank(waiting to hear back from them). (2) it's currently out of stock

I cannot do the Dan Grec method as again, the Titan will get in the way.

I can currently install the recovery boards to the tire via straps, but ideally I would like to limit the extra weight on the tire carrier mounting points from running 35s, plus a full titan tank is an extra 100lbs and a trasharoo. Teraflex mentioned to me not to go back 200 pounds where the actual tire mounts to, so I would like to use the accessory mount area. I have seen Rago's maxtrax mount for a hi lift jack but I don't think this will allow me to fully open my tailgate.

Maybe I could use the GP Factor Recovery Board latch kit to attach them to a hi lift jack....?

If anyone has any good solutions for this please let me know.

GKSJeep

Hi Frenchie

For self recovery purposes I most certainly want a good recovery board solution....the hi lift not so much as I do not plan on tackling very challenging trails solo. Even though I do not want to spend the money or add the weight of a winch, I will probably end up doing that at some point for self recovery reasons. When I do overlanding/camping trips i am going solo, I have a tough time getting any of my friends to go do the overland thing but trail riding for the day is a different story with them.

But to answer your question main purpose for the Jeep is to get outdoors/overland/painting-photography trips. Then something capable on the trails....My jeep is also my daily driver until I get a second vehicle and can just use the jeep as an adventure vehicle. This past year I have hit up Bryce, Death Valley and Sequoia National Forest as I figure out my build for these types of trips. I am not building for the "Cool" factor. I am just trying to avoid buying things that end up not working with what I have or intend to build. Part of this I know is an evolutionary thing, I am just trying to be mindful of cost with my build as well. As I do these trips I also understand why so many people build for convenience...such as going from a Yeti cooler to a Dometic fridge for myself.

Anyways I am starting to go off topic now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12