Looking for Small RVs that fit in standard garage

ACFaulk

SE Expedition Society
I've been looking for small rv trailers that will fit in a standard garage. garage is 7ft height. I live in neighborhood where I cant have it out side and trying to keep it small anyway. I'd like to sleep 3 min 4 would be great. Does not need a bathroom. Needs to have AC. I'd love to hear any ideas anyone has. I have about a 10k budget but I'd love to hear ideas even if its more just b/c I've not seen much out there.

I've considered popups but i like a hard sided camper more. Also considered a cargo trailer and building my own but would like to see what i could find ready to go....thx for the feedback. I'll be pulling with a Tacoma.
thx again,

tlrols

How long is your garage? Length is an issue if you have a short garage.

I have a Starcraft Comet Extreme A-Frame trailer...it has A/C btw. It fits in/under a 7 foot garage door. Its total length is right under 19 feet. You could look at A-Liner and several other A-Frame type trailers. When unfolded (always fearful of saying erected in a forum setting, lol) it is 8 feet high at the apex of the A. Any teardrop would fit in a garage but that would never meet your 3 to 4 person requirement. I have camped with 4 people in mine. Two teenage girls and us adults. Aside from an overflow of girl power equipment it was fine. We ate in there, watched movies, played cards, etc. Not a ton of floor space but then there really isn't in any RV.

I pondered RV's for over a decade and the A-Frame just worked for me. Shower, microwave, sink, A/C (heatpump actually), furnace, Full XL bed...its glamping. The shower is outside and we bring a porti-potti. Hauling around or sleeping next to human waste is just icky...

Camp JP

They went out a business a few years ago, but you still see used Hi-Lo's 'pop up' for sale every now and then. I believe many came with a swing away hitch tongue (at least they did when I was looking at them) which helps with the length issue.

Good luck - hard to find a short camper - I looked pretty hard myself for a while but ended up going a different route.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Im currently drawing up plans for a custom hardside pop-up for a customer with a LMTV

Things look good on paper. Interior height will be 6'7" when up, total height of camper box will be just 60" when down.

Its basically a giant shoe-box :)

So on a trailer chassis, its certainly possible to keep it under 7' :ylsmoke:

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
They went out a business a few years ago...

Not exactly true... Taxa Outdoors was formed to handle manufacturing of the Cricket. It's an interesting trailer but not in the price range unless you can find one used. IMO, doesn't have the value of a 'regular' caravan but I can't fault them for trying to recoup their development costs. Same for the Tiger Moth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior