Looking for Tent Poles

Big Silver

Hello,
I am trying to locate a source for aluminum telescoping tent pole set used for a GP Small tent. I have tried a number of millitary surplus sites so far with no luck yet. Please see attached photo. The base of the pole has the following: A.F.& A. CO. INC. U.S. I'm in the LA area so I should be able to find this, just not haveing any luck yet.
Can anyone assist?
Thanks

Attachments

• Pole.jpg
    Pole.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 65

KSJeep

Explorer
You may want to call around to the various military bases in the area, they usually have lots of stuff they are selling (mostly at auction) but sometimes to sell outright. The Air Force calls theirs DRMO, can't speak for what the other services call them. Good thing about LA is you have quite a few bases within 100 miles, and prob some you don't even realize.

overlander

Expedition Leader
Those tent poles are the best. I'm looking for some I can score too, and I'm in Iraq! The military is re-equipping Army wide to new tent systems for all applications, so the old canvas tents (ie GP medium, GP small, etc) are all going away. One of our armories back in NC had about 100 of those poles in a pile waiting for turn in, so keep your eye out.

DRMO is what we call them in the Army too.

Big Silver

Thanks guys. I ran the site search without locating what I was looking for. I had not been able to locate the metal poles at the armytent site you provided, they have the wooden ones though. I finally found them... :wings: at AA Surplus.com. downtown LA, I-5 / I-10 intersection. I'll be picking up a set for my BSA Troop this Sat. ~ $150 for the set. I am not affiliated with them and I have been looking for these poles for a couple of years without success. Others claimed to have them only to find out they only had the wood ones for the GP Medium and Large... The poles are like overlander said, the best I have come across. We will be using them for a couple of large Patrol flys.
Thanks for the replys.
Big Silver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan