Looking to add driving lights - Your likes & dislikes.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
yes, and mine is in the right places, and my aux lights are tied into my high beams to take care of other drivers.

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Blah...blah...blah

Sometimes when the road conditions are not right or I am in an area favored by four legged large animals and lighting is possibly not adequate for the visibility......I just
SLOW DOWN....!!!! and I run 6 LightForce and 2 driving light and OEM headlights on the Jeep.
Two days ago I was passed by a blue Chevy with all his aftermarket lights on, on a double yellow line on a single lane highway in 100 foot visibility in dense fog...Go figure...

kojackJKU

Due to my crappy lights I spotted six moose in a half hr drive. I'm some glad they suck.
Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk

Beamer pilot

Explorer
I got this light and for the price, you can't beat it. Very nice quality for a Chinese unit as well. Low amperage too!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/21-5-120W-c...es&hash=item19d6a23383&vxp=mtr#ht_1694wt_1153

So far I've never been in a vehicle at night with a light bar on to judge but I never could figure out how such small individual reflectors can out distance a large single beam unit, even with more power to the bulb or LEDs. Based on pictures posted here and elsewhere and in the showrooms they seem to light up the immediate area quite well.

kojackJKU

Beamer Pilot, they can't. My friend has a 50" rigid on his rig and my hellas shine a lot farther than it, and at 1/10th the cost. The LED fool people into thinking they are bright with Crap loads of light for the first 100 or 200 ft. then fizzle out then. The only LED light that is interesting to me is the Vision X light cannon. But the cost of them Keeps me away.

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Just Googled them, $229 is not too overpriced if they perform as advertised. But then again it's not often the norm In advertising.
The best test of performance for me is sitting in the vehicle observing but that's not always possible.

kojackJKU

Exactly, that IS the best way to see how a light performs...I agree with you 100%. I'm glad that its just not me who knows that if you can SEE using a light its good. These lights test great, but you CAN"T SEE using them....because our eyes lie.

I will be getting in different styles of lights to sell from my new business, I will be bringing in LED/HID/halogen to cater to whatever the public wants. I will direct them to what I know works better. The LED bars that I will be selling will be able to switch from white to amber light. I am going to mount one on my Light bar to test out. I doubt it will compare to my lights I have now, but one never knows. I know the rigid brand do not compare to my setup at all for highway night driving.

Last edited:

z3r0

Observer
have 2 hella 500 black magics on my lightbar atm for my dd
10457888_10154203896595335_8164692860058125848_n.jpg

sadly can only fit hella 500's up top as well so will have 5 when doing some road rallies

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Anyone ever try an aircraft landing light? 24 volt, you can get them used off small a/c salvage, that will turn night into high noon as far as you need to see with a wide beam! ;)

kojackJKU

have 2 hella 500 black magics on my lightbar atm for my dd
10457888_10154203896595335_8164692860058125848_n.jpg

sadly can only fit hella 500's up top as well so will have 5 when doing some road rallies

That is awesome. Ford focus with Hella 500s. I may even do the same with our mazda 5. put a quick release mounting system in place. I have 35w HID in the projectors and highbeams now and I get really good lighting from them, but I would like more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger