Looking to buy a suburban, should I get 3/4 ton?

Rockhounder

Explorer
There are a very few split seals out there as well, you will find yourself saving $$$ if that is the case, because it can be removed by taking off the bottom torque convertor cover, then a 2 bolt oil seal cover piece, then you rotate the other half around and out. None of my suburbans have this, but I console myself that the solid ring seal hopefully lasts longer without leaking......

fishon1213

Observer
Well here is my old suburban which is now for sale. The oil leak turned out to be at the oil cooler adapter, so it was an easy fix.
KIMG0015.jpg

And here is my new suburban. I found exactly what I wanted and picked it up last week.
KIMG0037.jpg

It is a 97 k2500 that has been very well cared for. Very minimal rust. Has the 5.7 vortec, cargo doors, and very clean leather interior. Glass packs too :)
I think I got a decent deal at $4100. Most other 3/4 tons in decent shape were over 5k and few and far between.

justcuz

Explorer
Keeping the Montero? Great vehicles but the 3.5 engines have a few issues I hear.
I'd keep both Suburbans, Mitsubishi stuff has to be getting hard to get.
Guess you could just re power the Montero with a 4.3/4L60E/241, now that would be a reliable car!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle