Love Nitto Tires

JJEH

Repost, first one was in the wrong forum, sorry.

A few days ago, our truck needed new tires and at first I was upset, because I have bought the Nitto Tire USA Ridge Grappler only 4yrs ago.

But then I realized they've safely driven us around for over 73,000 miles and I think that is remarkable.

We had our fair shares of pavement (all different kinds of conditions), dirt road, mud, snow, ice and even an accident. Not to mention the sun continuously blasting their rays onto them both in OK and now TX.

The thread is beat up, uneven and even punctured. But thanks to having bought LT tires they did neither deflate nor burst. One spot is even as smooth as a baby's butt, but the overall thread is still good (see picture). Should have gotten another alignment.

So when it was time to order new ones, of course, we went with Nitto again. This time I wanted to try the new Recon Grapplers and I hope they'll be just as great as the Ridge Grapplers. 10ply of course. An alignment will follow, that's for sure.

Huge thank you to Discount Tire and the crew here. Overnight delivery and early appointment (1 day early!!), in and out in less than 45 minutes.

That's the way to go!

RGT3.jpg

PSX_20221208_115141[12089]1.jpg

PSX_20221208_115240[12088]1.jpg

Reactions: WVI

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Crazy how well a quality tire wears and acts after so many miles isn't it? Never understood people who just put cheap tires on their car and say lets go. I will always pay top dollar for a quality tire I know will last.

And I also love discount. Wont go anywhere else.

WVI

Adventurer
I'm looking at the DuraGrappler. They are the best tire I've ever used.
Thanks for sharing those pictures.

JJEH

Crazy how well a quality tire wears and acts after so many miles isn't it? Never understood people who just put cheap tires on their car and say lets go. I will always pay top dollar for a quality tire I know will last.

And I also love discount. Wont go anywhere else.

Cheap tires fix the problem right now, but most cheap solutions won't last too long. The tires would have made it even longer, but I'm sure the accident and the dry rot didn't help.

I'm looking at the DuraGrappler. They are the best tire I've ever used.
Thanks for sharing those pictures.

You are welcome. Since over a decade we use nothing but Nitto, and I only had bad luck with one model, which was on our SUV.

Good choice on the Nitto Recons, I have almost 16k on mine so far and super happy with them.

Thank you. I was really on the fence about the Ridge or the Recon. I wanted to try the Recons, but I know if they wouldn't have come out with them, I would have gotten the Ridge again.
They've been great in all kinds of conditions, even snow and ice.

Screenshot_20221209-104256[12107].jpg PSX_20210323_110909[6607].jpg

ExpoMike

I was seriously looking at the Ridge model for my next purchase for my Ram 2500 but now I am wondering is the Recon might be a better choice. Figure 80% highway 20% offroad. Hummm.... decisions....

JJEH

I was seriously looking at the Ridge model for my next purchase for my Ram 2500 but now I am wondering is the Recon might be a better choice. Figure 80% highway 20% offroad. Hummm.... decisions....

That's what we have now. Back in OK it might have been 70/30 but it really doesn't matter I think, we never went rock crawling.

Find the right tire pressure, make sure your alignment it good and the Ridge can get you further than 73K miles. And I think the price difference is less than $5/tire. Can't go wrong with the Ridge in my opinion. Road noise is laughable, not much more than our Durango with the 421Q, or our old Ram with Terra Grapplers had.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Cheap tires fix the problem right now, but most cheap solutions won't last too long. The tires would have made it even longer, but I'm sure the accident and the dry rot didn't help.

You are welcome. Since over a decade we use nothing but Nitto, and I only had bad luck with one model, which was on our SUV.

Thank you. I was really on the fence about the Ridge or the Recon. I wanted to try the Recons, but I know if they wouldn't have come out with them, I would have gotten the Ridge again.
They've been great in all kinds of conditions, even snow and ice.

View attachment 756234 View attachment 756235
I had Duragrapplers in a 285-75-17's and they squirmed all over the road. Discount replaced them with Toyo AT111's. The new Recon has a crazy high load capacity in a 17. Tires have sure gone up since XI's Virus rocked the world.

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
I have over 500,000 miles spread between a 2004 and a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and have exclusively used the Terra Gapplers G2 since gettin rid of the crappy stock tires shortly after purchasing each.

Like you I love the Nitto's, have zero reason to try anything else, they are great in all conditions and never let me down......or got a flat.

RoyJ

Adventurer
Don't have much Nitto experience, save for the Mud Grapplers on my Rubi.

They're a niche tire, and few comes close when it comes to toughness - not even Toyo Muds. We have a lot of sharp rocks in BC, aired down to 10 psi they almost feel like armored runflats.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
I ran the Nitto Terra Grapplers on my last 2 rigs. First set was the originals, second was the G2 variant

Both got close to 50k and were amazing in all conditions.

Did both the Dempster and the Dalton with not a single issue

Absolutely love Nitto tires

jpop8807

Observer
I'm currently running the g2's I think I have about 20k on them. They so far have not let me down. The only thing I've had some issues with were in some deeper snow. My Geolander AT G015 did better in snow and on ice. Besides that no complaints. Balanced rather easy, not a bad price and I feel they wear better then the last KO's I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998