Lowrance 540c maps

jerdog53

Explorer
I have one of these units and am interested in maps or SD cards of Central America, I'm not finding anything for sure that looks to me like what we can get for the US besides FreedomMaps™ World Reference Map (F24). I am assuming there is not anything commercially out there for this so I will have to make my own, so then what mapping software works best with this unit? I'm heading toward the OzMap software where i can scan in maps I have and store to a SD card and plug in to the 540 but will the 540 read it, pitch it up on the screen??

If this has been talked about some where post up a link.......

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I don't know the answer to your question about importing foreign maps into the 540c. My guess is that it will be difficult, as everything about these units is difficult!

They do have international maps that supposedly cover that area, but they do not have topo data. Here is a link. You will need to call them, budget and hour or two to get through to their engineers who can answer your question. once you do, you will receive fantastic service, but it's a challenge getting through to that level of help!

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/Mapping/FreedomMaps/FreedomMaps-World/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12