[ LR3 ] Added my own hitch reciever

SpencerFitch

Observer
Some of you may not like this But I love it. I dont mind the TINY bit of departure angle I loose.

I wanted a hitch only to hold a D-ring shackle hitch and a Motorcycle Carrier but I was not going to fork out 500$ for the adapter sold by land rover.
I thought they were just trying to find ways to charge you for such a stupid design. But then I realized why they might have done it. There is NO room behind the hitch/bumper. The spare tire is RIGHT there. I wanted to put mine up behind the cover but it just wasn't going to happen. Down below how ever theres a perfect spot for a hitch reciever, just needs a little grinding. to open it up 1/8" I would have welded it flat on this but it would have blocked the rear of the opening, and since I was trying to use as short of a tube as possible [ 4" ] so I wanted something that would allow a long hitch to protrude through the rear!

Anyways here it is 18$ hitch receiver..

Let me go get one of the finished project.

Attachments

• IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Ronct110

Adventurer
Excellent.

Agree - find the expensive LR receiver hitch for recovery pt ridicously expensive.

Do you have any picture(s) w/the d-shackle on? Great job!

huskyfargo

Adventurer
Yeah, I have a Curt on mine. It came with a plough hitch that I'll sell for cheap if anyone is interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears