LR3 Compressor Rebuild Kit

GORM

Adventurer
Any intel on the compressor rebuild kits I'm seeing on eBay. There is one with the desiccant/ filters and the other with screws/ seals. Any input if one or both is worthwhile? I'm sure my desiccant should be replaced and have a fair inkling that this is causing issues with the valve blocks.

Thanks

Kent

DiscoNels

Adventurer
Here's what I did to rebuild my compressor and air dryer on my Hitachi air compressor

Here's everything I ordered:
Piston ring rebuild kit from eBay, seller is x8rltd

captive nuts (comes in bag of 5 from dealer, these fall apart when removing due to corrosion)
RYH500170

mounting bolts
FS108256

VUB 504700 Air Dryer (not very easy to find as a stand alone part as LR has discontinued this part, so rebuild with desiccant and such) make sure you get a kit that has a new metal dryer cover as these usually develop a small hair line crack that causes leakage. Or you can epoxy your current cover to seal any cracks.

JPO500010 kit compressor, this has gaskets, springs, and new screws for your compressor.

Relay YWB 500220

I needed a new compressor bracket too as mine was badly corroded.

After all of this it runs like a champ, very happy now but was a pain in the ******** to do. If you're having problems with your valve blocks you may need to replace them. Pull the relay and let your truck sit overnight and see if the front or rear dropped telling you where to focus.

I hope this helps, there are plenty of posts online about what you're about to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman