LR3 Key Fobs keep failing

denver6161

Over the past 4 months I've bought 2 new key fobs from Lucky8 for my 06 LR3. Had them professionally set up with the truck and everything worked fine at first. Approximately one week after getting them set up the first fob failed (could still use the key to start the truck but wouldn't lock/unlock remotely). Then over the weekend the second fob failed. I've checked the floorboard wires and they're properly set. Any ideas as to what could be the problem? Are there higher quality replacement key fobs that anyone would recommend? TIA

TOUGE

The battery in the LR3 keyfob is rechargeable and recharges while it's in the ignition. Depending on how long the new ones you bought have been sitting on a self, the batteries in them could be dead and not holding a charge, all batteries have a self life used or not. The design of the key is absolutely ridiculous as you have cut the whole thing open as it's glued together to check if the battery is holding 3V.

Could also be the charging circuit but I don't know how to test that.

Also just give L8 a call, being 4 months old should still be under some kind of warranty and they are always helpful. They have probably seen issues like this a lot.

I cut a few new keys a few weeks ago to go with Victory's sale and future new owner; one of the keys dropped the GAP Tool program after about three weeks. I reprogrammed it, and no issues; just remember to do all of your keys at the same time.

Might be worth a shot if you have a GAP Tool; if you don't, buy a GAP Tool when you get your new keys. Buy the keys off Ebay (Link Below) and get them side-cut at ACE Hardware; you'll be into them for about $50-75 per key and replaceable battery.

LR Keys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger