LR3 stalling on inclines

Hugh166

Observer
Sounds to me like you're going to have to drop your tank. The pump sits in the tank about 3/4 of the way to the back of the tank. There is a fuel pick up that is in the front of the tank. There is a tube that runs from the pick up and is just clipped to the top of the fuel pump and relies on venturi vacuum to suck fuel from the front of the tank when on a situation that you described. If that tube got knocked out of position from bouncing around then when you are in a downhill and less than 1/4 tank The pump will starve. Dropping the tank isn't bad really just get some help if you are doing out on your back. And don't forget to get a new seal from the dealer or you WILL get a check engine light

John2139

Brining up an old tread to see if this resolved this issue. As I ran into something similar but going up hill.

Was on a mild trail today and my 2005 lr3 started to stall out at low RPM under 2500 under load. Was at roughly 5,000 feet elevation with a full take of gas. When I was able to pull over to a safe area had the smell of gas from near the fill neck and can see some gas dropping to the ground near that point as well also when I removed the gas cap it seamed to equalize the pressure for a min Let it rest for about 20 min then come tuned on with the stalling happening intermediately the rest of the trail. Did happen 1 to 2 times on the road home at stops. Freway speeds no issues. Was reading that might be evap canister. Anyone else run into this and have a solve for it? She has 207k on her.. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger