LR4 Biggest 19" Tires now?

CatskillCruiser

Wanted to see if there were any bigger and better 19" options today than the Duratrac 255/65r19? I DO have the Johnson Rod lift kit, so wanted to see what the best 19" tire option is today, rather than finding a set of 18" rims.

SkiWill

That's the largest size I'm aware of for a 19" wheel. Be aware that it is overall 32" diameter and will not fit in the stock spare location even deflated and it will likely rub under suspension compression. The Johnson rods don't do anything to address what happens when the suspension compresses or has a fault and lowers to the bump stops. If you have a suspension fault and cannot manually inflate your airbags, those 32s will keep you from being able to move your vehicle unless you also have the SYA kit installed. I'm not saying you can't run the 255/65R19s, but just be aware of the tradeoffs. Anything larger would require quite significant frame horn trimming and likely relocation of some of the wiring and heater lines in the rear wheel well.

Howski

That’s the largest size I’m aware of and limited essentially to the GY Duratrac or Wrangler. A few good options in 255/60/19 (31”) too including Toyo AT3 which will fit in the spare location

gabrielef

That's the largest size I'm aware of for a 19" wheel. Be aware that it is overall 32" diameter and will not fit in the stock spare location even deflated and it will likely rub under suspension compression. The Johnson rods don't do anything to address what happens when the suspension compresses or has a fault and lowers to the bump stops. If you have a suspension fault and cannot manually inflate your airbags, those 32s will keep you from being able to move your vehicle unless you also have the SYA kit installed. I'm not saying you can't run the 255/65R19s, but just be aware of the tradeoffs. Anything larger would require quite significant frame horn trimming and likely relocation of some of the wiring and heater lines in the rear wheel well.

Whelp, actually, 32” tires (specifically the 32.1’s I have) are the largest an L319 can take and still roll on the bump stops. Ask me how I know. No SYA kit needed.

The rubbing is accurate at full compression, and at full right lock when turning.

I would recommend getting rid of the Johnson Rods. I’ve never needed them in all the technical terrain I’ve traversed in my LR3 and 4. You do gain the ability to go faster than 30 mph in offroad height though. But if you have the GAP tool, forget the rods and just program the 2.5” of lift (and go get an alignment).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior