LR4 Hidden Winch Install Estimate

It's a superwinch talon. I clocked it so the handle is facing forward. Now I'm facing a more daunting taste of deciding how much to cut away from the bumper.

Last edited:

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
I emailed a local shop that I expect has little experience with LR's all of the above information and asked for an estimate. They asked I stop by to let them take a look. They explained to me they were estimating the install would take between 20 and 22 hours. At $85 an hour thats coming close to $2,000.

That estimate is ridiculous. I have no idea what is involved in that install, but I can promise you it would not take an experienced technician more than a day to install. I bet your local Land Rover dealer could do it for way less. This place probably doesn't want to do it, so they are trying to scare you away. As a flat rate technician, it sucks to do jobs you haven't done before because you don't know the shortcuts. The tech will be learning on your truck and doesn't want to take a pay cut because of it.

NASDIESEL

The removal of the front end fascia and all the various bits is pretty involved. First go around took me more than 2 days and I'm not afraid of mods.

Oddly I found the deconstruction pretty straight forward. The tactical rover video helped a lot as did my new favorite tool - my rubber mallet. Maybe five hours total, including removing the captive nuts after removing the steel ome bumper. But I first at least two major hurdles before this project is finished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman