Lucky 8’s Project P38

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
Project update : Lights, Damper, Cut

Lights
Almost every time we use the P38 a front side marker light goes missing. I don't know if the mounting tabs have gone bad on the truck or that we sometimes use trees and rocks as a brake supplement.

photo-7-6_zps25ed8ef0.jpg

We filled the mounting holes on the lights with RTV in hopes of keeping them in place.

photo-6-6_zpsaba97a74.jpg

They did not fall out on this little rock pile, I hope it is a good omen.

photo-4-5_zps071f1248.jpg

Damper
The Terrafirma steering damper came in for testing.

photo-26_zps1bcc1daf.jpg

I took the P38 down a 55mph ruff country road and the damper kept the 33in Nitto's under control and tracking straight.

photo-3-9_zpsc851ba02.jpg

As expected the damper did great off road as well.

photo-5-5_zps58a44e20.jpg

Cut
After seeing the prototype for the rear bumper we could make the final adjustments needed to the fender flares.

photo-1-8_zps8629ad0a.jpg

With the way the flares line up on the P38 it is hard to tell we cut them or that they were originally for a Disco 2.

photo-2-7_zpsc63e94c4.jpg

Mike the fender slayer on the stone pile showing off the lights and flares.

photo-8-5_zpse7651424.jpg

R-Overland

Adventurer
Yeah I lost a couple of markers myself... until I jammed a bolt between the release flap and the headlight surrounding

spikemd

Explorer
Installed the Tom Woods double cardan which eliminated the driveline vibrations. I also installed RTE 3inch springs on the rear but I may be a bit too high now. Will take some measurements later today after a testdrive. I also finished up some wiring running 10g wire to a BlueSea fusebox in the rear for two additional 12v accessory sockets to run the fridge and inverter. The factory wiring isnt up to the job of running a fridge and my ARB would occasionally cut out due to low voltage reading.

Justin, are we going to see a Terrafirma HD adjustable panhard bar anytime soon? Or snorkel?

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
spikemd;1293583I also finished up some wiring running 10g wire to a BlueSea fusebox in the rear for two additional 12v accessory sockets to run the fridge and inverter.[/QUOTE said:
I would love to see that please.

are we going to see a Terrafirma HD adjustable panhard bar anytime soon? Or snorkel?

Yes
I hope soon on the panhard.

are we going to see a snorkel?

Yes I have a working prototype :)

spikemd

Explorer
BlueSea fusebox and 12v accessory plugs

Some pics of the Blue Sea fusebox I installed in the passenger side rear panel. I ran 10g from the battery through the firewall, under the floor panels and to the rear. I then installed a 6 port Blue Sea fusebox behind the access panel and it tucks in nicely. I then installed 2 additional West Marine 12v accessory plugs and mounted my inverter for 120v plugs. I did this mainly to minimize voltage drop to the rear for my ARB fridge. It would cut-off occasionally with the factory wiring. I may eventually add a Hella style socket for a more secure plug.

rr_12v_finished.jpg

rr_12v_fusebox.jpgrr_12v_inverter.jpg

roving

Observer
Justin

Any idea on how long until those Poly Radius Arm Bushings for the P38 will be in. I'm having withdraws from not spending $75 a week driving it.:elkgrin:

Eniam17

Adventurer
Nice, that will be fun (and interesting!) Do you guys have a 2012 video available? I knew you were working on one but haven't checked to see if its done for a while. I enjoyed the 2011 a lot

roving

Observer
sweet. did you get some for your Rangie too. The old bushings come out easy with the following tools: blow torch, hammer and jig saw.:elkgrin: only took about 20 minutes to get those out.

Having the radius arm off also facilitates easier pinion seal replacement.:elkgrin:

Just need some new shocks and tires now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears