M101 CDN Owner Question

brentbba

Explorer
Has anyone mounted jerry can carriers forward from the fenders on your trailer? Brand? Pics? Putting a second swing out on my Kaymar bumper is turning out to be way to expensive as they: a. made only a single jerry can carrier to begin with that I'd have to have converted to carry two jerry cans...and it's no longer available anyway and b. having trouble finding even a RH tire carrier I could have converted to a double jerry can carrier.

At this point I think it would be more cost effective to have jerry can carriers mounted on either side of the trailer. AT and Frontrunner jerry can carriers are both good looking options. I have two non-CARB Wedco cans so both these products would work.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Not yet...but soon.

I just agreed to buy 2 new design Jerry can holders and a 10lb propane tank holder from a friend with a new local Expo/Adventure start-up, Trekken Offroad. New design, but similar to some out there. Saw the prototypes today, they look awesome, are aluminum and LIGHT. These will likely be mounted exactly where you noted. One for gas, one for water. I have a few ideas on how these will be mounted, will have to see if I can pull off my fender extension/shelf combo I have planned out in my head.

will be interested to see if anyone else has some good pics to add to this?

New Horizons Overland

NEWHORIZONSOVERLAND
I have seen some on here like that but they had to be turned sideways in order to fit correctly. I have mine mounted on the tounge. The previous owner welded some tubeing to the front of the tub and it matched the bottom perfectly so they are bolted to the body. The frame only supports the major weight.

brentbba

Explorer
Keep me posted on both the jerry can holders and your mounting them on the trailer.
Not yet...but soon.

I just agreed to buy 2 new design Jerry can holders and a 10lb propane tank holder from a friend with a new local Expo/Adventure start-up, Trekken Offroad. New design, but similar to some out there. Saw the prototypes today, they look awesome, are aluminum and LIGHT. These will likely be mounted exactly where you noted. One for gas, one for water. I have a few ideas on how these will be mounted, will have to see if I can pull off my fender extension/shelf combo I have planned out in my head.

will be interested to see if anyone else has some good pics to add to this?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Will do. They are just being fabricated now, these are basically Prototype holders that *should* be available online soon. From what I have seen, they are not revolutionary rather evolutionary and look like a sweet design. The best part, they are light and will include rubber bumpers to keep them quite and from scratching your cans all to heck. I believe that they are all getting powder coated and are fully lockable, they will fit all Scepter and other cans (plastic and steel) with varying cap configs. Again, all in the proto stages now.

This is pretty kool stuff!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman