M109A3 - Making it my new BOV/ Expedition

cmxterra

Observer
Got the fridge installed.
Also you will notice a bottle opener below the paper towel dispenser. I do plan to mount one to both the front bumper and the rear bumper.:)

CJM_1744s.jpg

CJM_1746s.jpg

Also re arranged the storage on the door so that it did not mess with your head when the door was shut.
CJM_1755s.jpg

Showing the new floor runner, fridge and TV ready to go. Almost ready for the first camping/ shakedown trip
CJM_1765s.jpg

The next big project for this is to install the solar panels and battery bank. That will have to wait till it gets a little warmer.

/dev/m416

/dev/yj tow vehicle
I love the contrast between the inside and out. Very light and could imagine spending some time in there if needed due to rain, etc.

Curious - where'd you get the bunk bed?

cmxterra

Observer
I love the contrast between the inside and out. Very light and could imagine spending some time in there if needed due to rain, etc.

Curious - where'd you get the bunk bed?

Found it on Craigslist. 150 bucks. Replaced the mattresses and away we went.

I can see in the future getting something with more clearance on the top bunk as the kids get older though.

cmxterra

Observer
sweet rig... what kind of LED lights are those? how much were they?

They are made by Truck-lite
24v and what all the new military vehicles are upgraded to.
Got them on Ebay for about 350 a set. Retail for them is about 700 each (so shop around)

timzim

Observer
Very cool build. Where did you find and how much was the truck originally? I'm loving your build thus far, very cool.

cmxterra

Observer
Very cool build. Where did you find and how much was the truck originally? I'm loving your build thus far, very cool.

The truck itself was only 4600.00
Found it on Craigslist from a local seller that resells .gov equipment.

cmxterra

Observer
Got some more work done.

This is all coming off.
CJM_4570s.jpg

Pioneer kit off
CJM_4572s.jpg

Drop the spare
CJM_4576s.jpg

Area clear
CJM_4578s.jpg

First bracket going on. And let me tell you. PITA. There are air tanks and wiring behind that frame rail so extra caution was had drilling the holes.
CJM_4582s.jpg

Second bracket going on
CJM_4750s.jpg

Using new fasteners did make it easier. This is as far as I have gotten on the spare tank. I have one other little thing I need to do. Relocate the parking brake cable so that the tank does not hit it.

So while taking a brake from that I moved on to something easier.

Here you see the stock position of the air intake.
CJM_1545s.jpg

New 90deg bend to get it up and away from the fender.
CJM_4755s.jpg

Mushroom back on the intake
CJM_4760s.jpg

Another view
CJM_4761s.jpg

cmxterra

Observer
And got the tank installed.

CJM_4835.jpg

CJM_4837.jpg

So now I will have 100 gallons plus what I carry in 5 gallon cans. This will give me a range of over 1200 miles without having to refuel.

simonzayne

Very cool build.
I've been lusting after one of these old Mil workhorses for quite a while.
Since I can't have one, at least I can live vicariously through you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears