M1101 braking issue

Ryan1267

I just finished installing the dexter electric over hydraulic actuator. I have it paired with a Redarc tow pro elite in the jeep. I have zero brake line leaks. The brake shoes are possibly the original from Schut. Problem is that braking power kinda works. With the pump on full pressure you can hear the pads and springs moving inside the drum but the brake shoes barely do anything. I'm thinking it is a spring issue but on the fence with it being a slave cylinder issue. Since I may need new shoes and springs I figured I will cross reference P/N 18497 for the shoes and find a trailer shop near me that knows more about drum brakes. Thoughts?

RagnarD

Adventurer
Did you adjust the shoes? Should be an access port on the backing plate. Adjust till they rub then back off a few clicks.

Ryan1267

Did you adjust the shoes? Should be an access port on the backing plate. Adjust till they rub then back off a few clicks.

I just did yesterday. Completely forgot thatd be an issue but the adjustment wheel was 2 whole revolutions to loose. I think I do have them a bit to tight but I need new shoes anyways since the shoes look to have under 20% pad left. I might just as well upgrade to disk brakes for ease of use and upgrade ability. Thanks for the help though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998