M1101 trailer build UEV 440 kinda

hamthis

Observer
I need to do a video of the setup. I have not thought of that. It really sets up quickly.

Next time I take it out I will shoot a setup video.

azscotts

Observer
I gotta say...that was a great video. Thank you for documenting your build! There are some great ideas to be had!

Taylor1982

Nice build! Keep taking all these ideas in from all the m1101/2 builds. Love the outside table that hooks to the side, simple and functional.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
ran across your video on youtube...

nice build! for sure some slick ideas that got me doing searches for more mods I might do to the enclosed trailer we have thats the kids bunkhouse and bad weather livingroom when camping...

I did play a drinking game to the video....anytime you said "utilize" I took a drink :coffeedrink:

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
a thought for the stairs. I'm goint to try it out tomorrow.

View attachment 362298

I have been contemplating making stairs for a couple of years. Eventually I worked out that the easiest/best way for us was to use the Little Giant folding safety step. Little pricey but stable and folds small. Best bit was I just ordered it from Amazon and it was here 2 days later. That sure beats my construction projects and I have plenty of other things/projects to put my time towards that cannot be purchased as easily.

My original thought was to use the folding step part and make it slide from under the vehicle. Once I got it home and the missus tried it the way it arrived I figured I would lose too many marital privileges if I messed with it.

It also comes in handy on my very tall rig to get access to the other compartments.

The handrail stays folded flat against the ladder base.

9f48b0b5a18f2802fd2924b840149219.jpg

https://www.littlegiantladder.com/safety-step-ladder/

hamthis

Observer
ran across your video on youtube...

nice build! for sure some slick ideas that got me doing searches for more mods I might do to the enclosed trailer we have thats the kids bunkhouse and bad weather livingroom when camping...

I did play a drinking game to the video....anytime you said "utilize" I took a drink :coffeedrink:

I did the video in one take. My wife has said the same, it should be a drinking game. Oh well. I utilized the word a little too much hahaha

Last edited:

WVMmike

great job hamthis!!!
is it possible to get more infos/plans/pictures or videos?
greets mike

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

hamthis

Observer
I took a setup video but I was not super happy with the way it turned out. sO it is on hold until I can figure out a better way to shoot it.

As far as plans go. I started with a Google sketchup of what I wanted but it is not an exact dimension plan. This is and will always be a one off build. There was to much cut and then build around it for it to be set up for plans. I would be willing to send out the google file please PM me. Please use it only for refrence. And I do want to say that it is very very basic and some of the build varied from the sketch.

After the build and our two week trip to Colorado, I have let it basically sit since august, I recently put on some seam tape on the top to help with a roof leak. I think I could have built that better. I will keep you all posted on updates I will start on it soon.

richxd87

Observer
Great work on this and thanks for sharing the video!

Could you share some details on how you built the pop-up portion, how it seals, and how you attached fabric to it? Anything you would've done differently??

Thanks and appreciate any tips!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman