M1101 trailer Build

R_Krug

I thought I would post up a thread of my simple (at this point) M1101 build. I picked up the trailer super cheap and all ready had an enclosure for it which I am working on buttoning up. I am planing on taking this trailer with me on my trip up to Fairbanks this summer, it will need to sleep to.
Things I am planning on now:
Swap wheels out to 17" so I can run my old truck tires on it when I put new ones on. Have not decided though if I want to go with smaller tires than are on my truck or not, I calculated the total height will come down from 101" with the stock 37s to 93" with the LT 265 I am thinking about, the top of the topper on my truck sits about 80" so the closer they are together the better.

Small heat source of some kind, I am debating on using a small army SHS heater on the inside or mounting my swingfire unimog heater with exchanger on the toung of the trailer and ducting the air in.

Addition of a window of some sort.

Bedding, I was thinking two beds that would fold down on either side over the wheel wells, and maybe making one double as a couch of sorts.

Please share any ideas or thoughts as I am not the best at designing interior lay outs.

3b7e3b0544e1771.jpg

R_Krug

37eded2256eeeb80bc70eab7440b74ee.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cyclic

Adventurer
Here's mine currently running 265/70r16, which are slightly smaller than the 265/70r17 I have on the suburban it's connected to. Eventually the trailer will inherit the 17's and six lug hubs, as I have new wheels for the suburban waiting for tire money.

IMAG04191_zpsonpdft2d.jpg

IMAG04121_zpshoozc0wk.jpg

FMF

Adventurer
image.jpg
These are very well built trailers with endless possibilities! My wife and I built a M1102 into an off road teardrop over the winter. So far it's been great and just the right size for us.

CJV

View attachment 354435
These are very well built trailers with endless possibilities! My wife and I built a M1102 into an off road teardrop over the winter. So far it's been great and just the right size for us.

Any chance you'd be interested in sharing some pics of it? I'm hoping to pick one of these up in the future and had the same idea. Also, I'm curious about the weight since their 1400+ lbs empty. Did you keep the original tires or swap to a smaller size?

Never mind about the pics, they took my comp a few minutes to load

CJV

Did you notice a big difference pulling it with the 265/70/16s compared to the stock HMMWV wheel/tire combo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12