M416 hub/axle to 5 on 4.5 w 33s ?

Just picked up a M416 and I am starting to collect the parts for my build.

Amazing M416 and M100 builds on here. I searched, read everything I could find online (other sites as well) and still come up with mixed answers.

Looking for the best way to run 33s X 12.5 with TJ (5 on 4.5) rims 3.75 backspace on my M416 and retain the parking break.

Need to rebuild the suspension anyway (has not been serviced in years) so a total axle swap is not out of the question as long as I still have the parking break. Will do a SOA once I have all the new parts.

Any info would be great, hub swap part numbers, new axle length, axle/hub suppliers who have helped with the conversion etc. (just not "get 5 X 5.50 to 5 X 4.50 Wheel Adapters" please. That's my last resort)

Thanx in advance!

highlandercj-7

Explorer
Retaining your parking brake and spending the least amount of $, it may not be what you want to hear, but the spacers are your best idea. IMHO having trailer brakes is more important than an internal parking brake, so if you can live with chocking the wheels instead, you may want to switch to a ele brake axle assy with the correct pattern.

Retaining your parking brake and spending the least amount of $, it may not be what you want to hear, but the spacers are your best idea.

Thanx - I am starting to lean that way. It is just frustrating reading post saying that peeps have done it, but without the details. Lots of details on vehicle suspension builds but not on trailer rebuilds.

Would love to for example

33x12.5 -w- (what offset?) -w- (what length) axle gave me (what amount) clearance - and I like or dislike the result (why)

Many say they maintained the park break with new axcles (How) mounted originals to new axle with break plate? Used a new break kit?

XXXY Hubs will fit existing axle... etc

Would make a great sticky for M416 and M100 builds IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman