M416 questions

KE5QVT

Observer
Just bought my 416 here in Houston. Got a couple questions for you veteran builders.
1. first I am going to replace the axle with the 6 on 5.5 Toyota wheel set. Does anyone know the plate to plate and spring perch center dimensions for the 416? Going to have a new axle made.

2. does anyone have any good plans for their builds drawn up already? I don't necessarily want to re-invent the entire wheel.

Thanks,

Tom :smiley_drive:

Inkog

Observer
The spring center measurement is 39". I'm not sure what the exact stock hf-hf is, but you'll want to figure that out yourself based on your chosen wheel width, backspacing and tire size. You'll want to keep your tires close to the tub and under the fenders as much as possible. These trailers have very little articulation, so you don't need more that an 1' or 1 1/2" clearance from the outside edge of the tire to the tub (maybe a little more if you run plan to run big tires at low psi). I went with 56" but your mileage will surely vary.

JJonesee

Observer
Tom, we should get together and talk trailers. You buy the one that was for sale up in Cypress on CL?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12