m416, wheel adapters, & bolts instead of lugs....?

JOSX2

Observer
I got an m416 trailer that I'd like to get wheel adapters for so I can use my Xterra tires on it & just carry the one spare between my X & trailer. I don't wanna replace the axle cause I like, & use, the parking brake since my RTT is on it....but the wheel adapters would be like 2" thick. Not the end of the world, but if I could get adapters to be 1/2" to 1" thick, I'd be a lot happier ;-) Problems w/ that is those woudlnt' clear the lugs. So...is it possible to just pop the lugs out of the rotor and just bolt the adapters on with similarly sized bolts (diamter-wise)? Or, cut the lugs down to size & use a nut with locktite?

Wallygator

Adventurer
I wouldn't know about cutting the lugs down or anything like that but They do make axles with the parking brake feature. Pretty sure Dexter does. I would go that route before using such a thick spacer or doing anything that could fail later on. But I have rarely heard of spacer failure if the spacer used is from a high quality company. Good luck with solving this.

JOSX2

Observer
I wouldn't know about cutting the lugs down or anything like that but They do make axles with the parking brake feature. Pretty sure Dexter does. I would go that route before using such a thick spacer or doing anything that could fail later on. But I have rarely heard of spacer failure if the spacer used is from a high quality company. Good luck with solving this.
Dexter axles offers the parking brake?! Nice! Newb question'...order directly from them?

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998