M416

highlandercj-7

Explorer
fireflyr said:
I have an M100 and mounted a spare on the rear with a receiver cut in the rear frame member. The only problem is that you need weight in the front of the trailer or it tends to get out of control at speed. If I was to do it again I'd mount it up front.

I will back this up 100% as I did the same thing. Unloaded my trailer ran down the road 80 mph straight as a arrow. I put my 35" spare on the back of it and it was all over the road. Loaded it was ok, but empty and that was enough weight to unbalance it and drive me crazy. I am forchante enough to be able to run without a spare since the CJ and it share the same wheels and tires. But I'd much rather redesign it to balance it correctly.

fireflyr

Adventurer
I have seen replacement panels but I can't find the link. These guys sell replacement tubs and frames $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but may have an idea where you can find the floor. I remember there was a place in the Pacific that manufactures all sorts of stuff.......

http://www.surplusjeep.com/Trailers/mbtrailer.htm

I bought my paint from these guys. Cool website.

Pat

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
Some ideas on spare mountinghttp://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10834.

had very little luck knocking dents, left it alone since its going to get new ones anyway...lol

RAZORBACK

Observer
replacement panels

Does someone actually make a replacement floor for these, I hadn't heard that...

This guy does. Jeep Panels Plus. They no longer have a website but you can call them. Really good people to deal with. They're out of New Jersey if I remember correctly. I bought several things from them for my M416 build.

Jeep Panels Plus 207-743-7671

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Couldn't you use the corrugated floor from a pickup bed? It's a little extra work to cut it to size but beds are cheap a the junk yard and would keep it authentic "looking" if that's what you're after.
Jason T.

JJonesee

Observer
Couldn't you use the corrugated floor from a pickup bed? It's a little extra work to cut it to size but beds are cheap a the junk yard and would keep it authentic "looking" if that's what you're after.
Jason T.

Thats what most people do.

I have seen flawless wood plank executions if you would rather go that route.

I have a M-100 - look for my build thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears