M923A2 5 ton expedition truck, completely gone through, in MA

juha_teuvonnen

M923A2 5 ton tuck. Excellent condition. Everything works as it should, including ABS and CTIS (Central tire Inflation system). There are NO known mechanical problems. The truck does everything it should, and nothing it shouldn't. This truck had a lot of custom work done, to make it into a suitable platform for an expedition camper.

• General 1400/20 super single tires with no wear
  • High output dual voltage alternator
  • Two battery banks, 12V and 24V
  • Battery relocation and conversion to civilian truck batteries (they are both cheaper and better than military batteries)
  • Cab has a hard top (expensive and hard to find)
  • dual 78 Gallon fuel tanks, extended range, stock M923A2 has only one tank.
  • 3 air-ride seats with 5 point harnesses in the cab. Much more comfortable for long rides than stock seats.
  • exhaust routed out back (much quieter this way)
  • LED headlights
  • Coolant filter
  • Door handles with locks
The truck probably has other upgrades that I forgot about. It was sandblasted, painted, undercoated, gone through with a fine toothed comb by one of the best military truck restorers in the US. A lot more than the asking price was spent.

Asking 15K.

Located near Boston, MA, titled and all ready to go. I would not hesitate to drive it across the US or across any continent.

I know that you can get them cheaper from auction. Once you do all the work that was done to this truck, you will spend somewhere between 25 and 30K. Tires alone are 2 grand, and the tires that come from auction range from questionable to unsafe to use.

Email: juha_teuvonnen [at] yahoo [dot] com

P.S. Will post pictures later tonight, can email them upon request.

Attachments

• m923a2_dash.jpg
    m923a2_dash.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 362
  • m923a2_left_side.jpg
    m923a2_left_side.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 399
  • m923a2_right_side.jpg
    m923a2_right_side.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Interesting build--please post additional pics! Really interested in seeing the interior. I've had a 5-ton for many years--the upgrades on this one seem reasonable and it is a great platform for large format overlanding. GLWS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998