Magnum PI Ford Econoline TV show build

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Earlier this year the folks from CBS reached out to us to build a Ford Econoline van for their upcoming new TV show Magnum PI. This being a remake of the old show featuring Tom Selleck with an all new cast. We always love building vans and were especially excited about this one. In the old version Theodore "T.C." Calvin had a Volkswagen van but upgraded to a FORD E-Series in the new program. This was great news for us since we love the Econoline and build the Best! After a few renderings and concepts we came together on what you will now see in the new Magbum PI TV show that airs Mondays at 9pm on CBS.
The Stock ford van was delivered to our shop and of course with a limited timeline we had to get to work fast. It was a no brainier that we would do our Baja Grocery Getter 6" suspension lift on it and steering stabilizer kit. This would give them the look and performance they need for a every shot. To complement the suspension we added a set black Method Race Wheels, NV wheels, 17x8.5 with 285x70X17 BFG tires. Next up was the bumpers...... We custom built them plate bumpers for the front and rear along with a spare tire tire carrier. We added top tubes to both bumpers for light protection and for those great action shots of running into whatever it may be! A set of rock sliders was a must and I can only imagine we will see one of these actors hanging off of them in an episode. To top off the build... hehe, we added our new aluminum roof rack that features the rolled top tube and 3" slats on the floor. The only thing left on this build was the aluminum ladder for access to the new look out point atop the aluminum roof rack.
This is one of those project I wish we would have filmed the build and taken lots more pics. Once we were done with the build we delivered it to the port and it was shipped to Hawaii.
Make sure to be on the look out for the Magnum PI Ford E-Series van built by WeldTec Designs.
I will be sure to post as many pics as I can
Before Paint....

After Paint on set in Hawii.....

Please comment and Subscribe to our channels.

Thanks for checking out this thread and for your support!

cjken

Explorer
Sweet!!
Is saw van that in the show and wondered about it. I stoped and watched the scene with the van more than once trying to see what it was.
Glad the went to you for the work! Great publicity for your shop. Congrats!!

Raul

Adventurer
Nice update on the van.
I’ve watched the first episode. A lot better than I expected.
I’ll be looking for some van action. Hopefully not just shuttle duty.
Cool vans on TV shows may give some creed to the vans. I am still sad for the A-Team movie and the wasted opportunity for one of the most iconic vans on TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears