Mahindra 4x4 pickup

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Will it ever end!!!

I honestly think not. I have gotten excited about this a few times over the years. I seriously doubt they will ever come here.

Personally I really hope that the courts seriously stick it to the M&M folks. I fully understand that there are cultural differences at work here, but they need to learn that when they are dealing in a different culture it is rather important not to cross a line, which they have done (several times).

Just my two bits though.

If they ever do become available then I may still consider getting one.

bajajoaquin

Adventurer
Personally I really hope that the courts seriously stick it to the M&M folks. I fully understand that there are cultural differences at work here, but they need to learn that when they are dealing in a different culture it is rather important not to cross a line, which they have done (several times).

Really? I'm not sure they have done anything wrong. All we've heard is the press releases. Maybe they're a bit eager to use their opt-out clause. But doesn't the importer guy have a bit of a reputation for being shady?

I'm not defending one side or the other. I just haven't heard anything objective.

Navman

Adventurer
I moved back down to Nicaragua two weeks ago, and I'm digging the Mahindras Pik Ups that I've seen around town. Attached are a few shots I snapped of two around town yesterday.

They definitely look weird at first, but I think it is a style that is kind of like the 55 series LC... it grows on you, although a 3 inch suspension lift and an ARB face-lift definitely could do it wonders.

This country should be a good test market for them. I've yet to meet anyone who drives one, but when I do I'm going to ask the accumulated mileage and their opinion of the vehicle so far. If they can survive the tough environment (heat, rain, dust), terrible roads and typically negligent maintenance that is the norm here, then they could have a shot at being the poorman's Land Cruiser or Hilux.

Regards,

I just got back from Nicaragua yesterday and I saw a couple of Mahindras that turned my head. I didn't get a good, up-close look at either though. Our diesel Fortuner was impressive though.

gary in ohio

Explorer
I received this from Global Vehicles USA, Inc regarding the Mahindra truck.
Looks like the same old, Coming SOON message we have been hearing for a while.

I know you are wondering when you will have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of one of these amazing, authentic, robust, fuel-efficient trucks at a Mahindra dealer near you. While I cannot give you a firm answer on timing, I can tell you in my estimation, trucks will arrive in the spring of 2011.

Mahindra has applied for and received their EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) certificate, which means the vehicles have passed emission requirements. They also filed with (NHTSA) National Highway Safety Administration, which handles US standards for safety.

alosix

Expedition Leader
Mahindra has applied for and received their EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) certificate, which means the vehicles have passed emission requirements.

Wonder if we could just get them to send us drivetrains in the mean time :)

ben2go

Adventurer
November 5,2010 I received the following email about the Mahindra trucks coming to the US.I can also provide a screen shot of the following email.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Good Morning Mahindra Truck Fans,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Congratulations. You are part of over 30,000 signed up to be the first to experience the hardworking Mahindra trucks.

I know you are wondering when you will have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of one of these amazing, authentic, robust, fuel-efficient trucks at a Mahindra dealer near you. While I cannot give you a firm answer on timing, I can tell you in my estimation, trucks will arrive in the spring of 2011.

Mahindra has applied for and received their EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) certificate, which means the vehicles have passed emission requirements. They also filed with (NHTSA) National Highway Safety Administration, which handles US standards for safety.

With these hurdles completed, it would seem production is imminent, but other factors may hinder the US launch. India's car sales are on a dramatic trajectory upward. The sales pace combined with an industry wide parts shortage is impacting home market sales, which will have an affect on the United States introduction.

In closing, I know each of you anxiously await the arrival of the Mahindra trucks, and I am confident that you will see a launch announcement in the next few months.

If you haven't seen the Specsheet on the trucks yet, please click on the link below to see it.

Click here to view Specsheet

Or copy and place the following into your browser:

http://mahindrana.com/pdf/specsheet.pdf
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regards,

John A. Perez
CEO
Global Vehicles USA, Inc.
1720 Windward Concourse
Suite 400
Alpharetta, GA 30005

(770) 753-4441 (Office)
(770) 753-4420 (Fax)

www.mahindraNA.com
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hawkz

Adventurer
I got the same email. Honestly, after the crap they pulled with the US Distributor they had a contract with, I'm not inclined to buy their truck no matter how good it is...

It's too bad too. This is the type of pickup I've been looking for. Hopefully the new Jeep pickup won't suck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle