Main Line Overland JK Build Thread

Rubicon John

Observer
It's looking really GOOD!!! Add those AEV bumpers and it will be the perfect Overland model.

I added the Overland decals to my jeep too. I put the text ones with a compass between the top and rear flares on that little strip of quarter panel. Looks like it was made for it!

Rubicon John

Observer
AEV bumpers will be going on in the future for sure.

And yes I love the look with the stickers on.

Cool...I'm planning on getting the AEV rear bumper sometime in the near future. Can I pick up the bumper at your store or does it ship from AEV?

My cousin lives in West Chester, so the next visit down I'll hopefully have a chance to stop by and check out your place.

Last edited:

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Definitely one of the nicer JKU!! Congratularions, looking good. Did not know that the AEV tire carrier can be used with the stock bumper. Love it! Something I will look into down the road.

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Cool...I'm planning on getting the AEV rear bumper sometime in the near future. Can I pick up the bumper at your store or does it ship from AEV?

My cousin lives in West Chester, so the next visit down I'll hopefully have a chance to stop by and check out your place.

John,

If you placed an order through us you could pick it up at our shop to save on shipping, that is always an option. Just give us a heads up when you plan on stopping by to make sure we are not traveling that day. We are planning a big trip out to Utah in August.

Matt

Rubicon John

Observer
John,

If you placed an order through us you could pick it up at our shop to save on shipping, that is always an option. Just give us a heads up when you plan on stopping by to make sure we are not traveling that day. We are planning a big trip out to Utah in August.

Matt

Thanks Matt.

John

codename607

Adventurer
Man I was just checking out your site and I just wanted to say how cool it is to see overland/expedition stuff on the east coast. For a while now I've been thinking about trying to put together some expedition runs but it's hard to fine areas out here on the east coast. I'm down in D.C so I have to drive a while before I can find some trails.

Nice work on the site. I may have to drive up oneday and check it out you shop.

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Man I was just checking out your site and I just wanted to say how cool it is to see overland/expedition stuff on the east coast. For a while now I've been thinking about trying to put together some expedition runs but it's hard to fine areas out here on the east coast. I'm down in D.C so I have to drive a while before I can find some trails.

Nice work on the site. I may have to drive up oneday and check it out you shop.

Glad you like it! You are onto one of the reasons why we started our business. People on the east coast love adventure too! And every adventure has to start somewhere.

Honu

lost on the mainland
A quick shot I snapped with my brother's FJC.
View attachment 108226

Curious how the cargo area compares with the FJC and your jeep ?
I take it thats your brothers FJC ?
As in going camping how much more can one shove in the Jeep over the FJC ?
I know the Jeep is larger but looking at them at the dealers seems a strange size with a lot of room up around the windows ?
We love our FJC but its tight with the kids and gear and the Jeep seems to have the same room as the 4Runners
About 47 cubic feet to the FJCs 27 cubic feet

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Curious how the cargo area compares with the FJC and your jeep ?
I take it thats your brothers FJC ?
As in going camping how much more can one shove in the Jeep over the FJC ?
I know the Jeep is larger but looking at them at the dealers seems a strange size with a lot of room up around the windows ?
We love our FJC but its tight with the kids and gear and the Jeep seems to have the same room as the 4Runners
About 47 cubic feet to the FJCs 27 cubic feet

Honu,

I would say that the Jeep does have a bit more storage capacity compared to the FJC. Not that you will likely be sleeping inside the cab with the kids, but it is possible with one or two people. The back seat provides plenty of leg room for occupants. And the cockpit feels a little more to scale for a normal sized person. The Jeep has well squared off interior space, which provides more room for things. The cage can get in the way, but it is easily packed around.

After having driven my brother's FJC for a week recently, I liked the vehicle and it was very capable, but the dash was so high it felt like a title way of plastic was always about to crash down on me. The FJC can be like driving from within a cave, with its long narrow windshield and vast array of blind spots. Don't get me wrong though, even with all its short comings, it is still a great overland vehicle.

Honu

lost on the mainland

when I get serious on our second vehicle thought I would load up my FJC then head over to the jeep dealer see if they let me load up a jeep to compare ;)

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
We did a little 4th of July product demo at our shop today for an Expo member looking to purchase an Eezi-Awn RTT. We setup both our Series 3 1400 on the FJC and the 1600 on my JK. The tents were a big hit and we encourage customers to come see them in person before pulling the trigger on such a big purchase. We are the only dealer locally that offers customers this hands on opportunity to experience the Eezi-Awn products.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341424439.319746.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341424703.616223.jpg

Customers can also check out our sweet National Luna 50L Weekender Fridge/Freezer in person. Cold beers anyone? This will come in handy while on our trip to Moab in August.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341425215.097842.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12