maintenance list for my 98

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Okay, so the 98 I bought needs a few things. In addition to needing a timing belt and water pump service I'm planning to do plugs and wires and all fluids, air filters, and tracking down a front end vibration. Anything I'm missing? I read that the plenum needs to come off to change the plugs/wires, a new gasket there would be in order.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
And possibly a replacement plenum depending on the age of the butterfly valves and their condition... Never mind, You have a 98...

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
So I'm having a hard time finding the correct cabin air filter part number, is it the same as other Mitsubishi cars of the same vintage? And any suggestions on the timing belt kit as to who makes the best one?

Mudrunner

Adventurer
You should be able to find a P/N on the filter. Which is usually the glove box once you pull it out it should be right there. At least that is where most are located, other wise the dash would have to come out to replace it.

nckwltn

Explorer
I'm pretty sure it is behind the glove box. I just had my glove box opened up past the stops this last weekend and pretty sure I spotted the filter.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Hmmm I don't believe my 96SR came with them so I wonder if I can upgrade the exisiting housing with a 98 unit so I can get the filter as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears