Making Skid plates for my Gen 3

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
So here's the finished set so far, plus I whipped up some sliders. Probably make the sliders a bit wider next time but this build is more of a daily driver/wheeler so the least amount of extreme while still being able to do any trail I would like. I did a near color match on the sliders to match the sparkle gray ARB bulbar and I also got some real tyres! LT265/70R17 Nitto Grapplers! However, last week I had a huge unexpected financial change so I may never get to try any of this stuff out. :(

20180305_110858.jpg

20180305_110925.jpg

20180305_110940.jpg

20180305_110953.jpg

20180305_111109.jpg

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Well done!
...and I hope you get to be the one to bash them up...

Cheers

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
your last sentence in the last post is deeply ominous . i do wish you well. you are a huge asset here on the board.

I didn't mean it like that, It's just an adjustment. I plan to sell the Gen 3 and drive a Gen 1 my friend is giving me, the down side is I had planned on a factory air locking rear and 4.63's for the Gen 3 but i'll make some cool Gen 1 parts instead. I still have access to 6 or 7 Gen 3's locally for any further R&D needed on that platform.

oh, much to my relief. i hate bad fortune.

in fact this is very good fortune as i too have a gen 1 as you know. so your time in that rig will undoubtedly yield some surprising and interesting result.

on that note.

here on Gen 1's we are making a pattern and burning a plate to cover the difference between gen 1 and gen2 high pinion front differential case openings when you fit the gen one axle tube to the gen 2 case durning a differential upgrade. Due to the oil pan interference, there is that hole where the actuator rod once resided.

Eric, my hillbilly friend , neighbor, loon, and accomplice in episodic acts of questionable, quality, integrity, lawfulness, and general comportment; is going to pattern and burn a few of these at his work. we are going to try 3/16 plate to fill that hole hoping this is not too thick.

Further while we are really on a roll, he is going to help me fab the differential support arms that will reach below the steering apparatus and attach to the LCA mount. clearing the way for a larger radiator. if these are of any use to you after we are successful
i can surely share them with you and you improve on them or do as you like with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears