Mapper's gen 2.5

mapper

Explorer
Is anyone interested in bigger parts? I'm going to have to decide if it is worth paying for the "buy back"

By the way. Don't hit your head hard. My whole T-day weekend was lost to horrible bout of vertigo. Couldn't get out of bed for nearly 2 days. Had to get a CT to make sure there were no other issues cropping up. I'm still not back to "normal" and probably shouldn't be at work, looking at a computer or driving. Totally sucks.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Insurance is taking a little longer because I had them visit my residence rather than tow it away...easier for me to buy back if interested. Should get numbers today...or soon anyway.

Side note:
As I've been pondering what direction to go next...I'm reading around various sites about different trucks. I'm reminded regularly about why the Montero is so great. Especially the Gen 2.5 with winter package or SR. The only mods it needs to do just about anything short of rock crawling is tires. So many people spend so much time "building". Nothing wrong with that but if you want a cheap, comfortable, out of the box exploring rig that can carry some weight (read ammenities)...the Montero just nails it.

let me know what you want for the whole truck, or, buy a mighty max and swap the drivetrain into it :)

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
This would be a great donor for your Gen 1 MM, I say we swap the rear suspension from the Montero under the MM. This kind of surgery can be done over the weekend!

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Man, I would source a new drivers side door and then keep it What a pretty Monty!
Bummed to hear about the vertigo. That really sucks.

mapper

Explorer
let me know what you want for the whole truck, or, buy a mighty max and swap the drivetrain into it :)

I also think this may be a good idea. The driveline should live on. Give me a little time to sort out what I'd like to do with it but given the season, seeking the whole truck is more appealing than parting. Plus it runs and drives and I hate to tear apart a running rig.

mapper

Explorer
Man, I would source a new drivers side door and then keep it What a pretty Monty!
Bummed to hear about the vertigo. That really sucks.

Wish it was that simple. Whole lower floor on drivers side is pushed in nearly to the frame. With the right parts truck, cutting torches, welders and time you could probably cut out the damaged lower, straighten the b-pillar, weld in a new lower section, and get replacement doors to line up reasonably well. Unfortunately i don't have time, another Montero, cutting torches or a welder... A rack might be able to pull things close enough to make a good trail beater but i don't know anyone with a rack either.

Definitely still a good trail truck as is but it would sure be nicer to have a functional driver's door and window. If off roading was a hobby of mine the truck would be perfect for trail use... However I'm more of a traveler/weekend warrior and need a rig that does interstate freeways and rough roads as primary duty

I do think someone looking for trail rig should buy it though!

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I also think this may be a good idea. The driveline should live on. Give me a little time to sort out what I'd like to do with it but given the season, seeking the whole truck is more appealing than parting. Plus it runs and drives and I hate to tear apart a running rig.

Cool, so I will grab some interior stuff and X can pick up the rest of the Monty.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Mapper, if you sell it to IncorporatedX, you should negotiate a buy back price ahead of time because he will turn it into something uber cool and drool worthy. I'm just saying!

11351862_100997083582890_2043838720_n.jpg

I have an electric blue 1991 mighty max body that needs a home and I think a 3.5 powered chassis rolling 37's and a tiny pick up truck body would be legit.

I will tell you right now that what I build will not be for keeps, it'll be a use of otherwise "dead" parts that will go back into this community for sale. So really all i need is the electrical and mechanical parts of the driveline, amenities int/ext are not of any concern, you'd be welcome to pull as much stuff as you could make money off of prior to me taking it, if you wanted to, i know parting out can be a headache.

mapper

Explorer
Sorry I didn't get back. Internet is also down at my house (when it rains it pours, right) and doing the phone thing was tiring.

NWoods: I know something cool will be built...and it is tough knowing I could, with some time, find a way to make a driveable truck from this (part of me really wants to do that).

IncorpoRatedX: PM coming. Also, For what it is worth I've got family in Surprise I'll be trying to visit for the Holidays or early Jan. which may help facilitate some of this.

Jeep-N-Montero. You are local to me and if I work I deal with IncoropoRatedX, I'd be happy to let you come pillage whatever he doesn't need. That said, front leather is standard condition for this vintage (dry on passenger side, dry with one bad seam on driver's), the driver's door card is probably damaged and inaccessible without somehow opening driver's door, other door cards should be good but the passenger speaker grill has a crack.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I mostly need the rear door cards from using it like a truck and maybe some other interior stuff, we will leave a good seat in it so it can still be driven if needed.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
11351862_100997083582890_2043838720_n.jpg

I have an electric blue 1991 mighty max body that needs a home and I think a 3.5 powered chassis rolling 37's and a tiny pick up truck body would be legit.

I will tell you right now that what I build will not be for keeps, it'll be a use of otherwise "dead" parts that will go back into this community for sale. So really all i need is the electrical and mechanical parts of the driveline, amenities int/ext are not of any concern, you'd be welcome to pull as much stuff as you could make money off of prior to me taking it, if you wanted to, i know parting out can be a headache.

Dang that is clean!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman