Market for Used AT Trailers?

DavidEllzey

Observer
Just wanted to see what everyone's feel for the market is right now. We have a 2007 AT Chaser that won't get used this summer since we'll be backpacking some 1100 miles and won't have time to do any other adventures. I really hate to see equipment and gear just sit around but I also love our Chaser, so I'm a little conflicted about selling it.

If I did sell it, I would want to replace it in the future. Perhaps with the Oasis but at least with another Chaser next year depending on what our adventure plans turn out to be. So what's the feeling on the market for AT trailers? Would I get a decent price in this economic climate or is everyone looking for fire sales?

Dave

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yes, they hold their value tremendously. The market is a tad slow due to the economic status.. however, People that have money... still have money if you know what i mean. Just may take a little bit to sell is all. May take a few weeks or a month, this time last year it would sell in a day or two. People are also looking for a small bit of a deal right now too, since everyone's offloading their AT's to grab the latest and greatest versions. But all in all you should end fairly.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Dave

I get people asking about used or demo trailers every day.

I tell them to look here on the Portal for any used trailers.

I also tell them that the trailers sell at the asking price usually within a few days.

I think Dave may be more factually correct when he said a week or so. But there is yet to be a trailer that has not sold, at what I would have to think was close to what the seller had been expecting, within 7 - 10 days.

Remember they are hand crafted, and built to last a life time. They are not inexpensive to start with, they hold their value, and we provide the same back up and customer service to the new owner as we did to the original owner.

People pay top dollar for our trailers and you should expect the best price when you come to sell it.

F5driver

Adventurer
I've been searching for a used AT for the past couple of years Untill about 6 months ago the market was pretty bare. Several used AT's have sold here in the past few months and they all sell pretty quickly.

slimtwo

Adventurer
Just wanted to see what everyone's feel for the market is right now. We have a 2007 AT Chaser that won't get used this summer since we'll be backpacking some 1100 miles and won't have time to do any other adventures. I really hate to see equipment and gear just sit around but I also love our Chaser, so I'm a little conflicted about selling it.

If I did sell it, I would want to replace it in the future. Perhaps with the Oasis but at least with another Chaser next year depending on what our adventure plans turn out to be. So what's the feeling on the market for AT trailers? Would I get a decent price in this economic climate or is everyone looking for fire sales?

Dave

If you don't mind me throwing my two cents in. To me, if the trailer is paid for, and you intend to use it next year... I understand not wanting to leave something sitting, not being used, but if it's not costing you anything, just cover it up and store it, that way it will be there when you are ready to go. Besides, you might end up paying alot more for a new trailer when the time does come to purchase another.

Ok, that was probably more than two cents worth... maybe a quarters worth, but still just my opinion. Have fun back packing, sounds like alot of fun.

Happy trails!

Abel Villesca

Explorer
I agree with storing or leasing it. I think you'll regret selling it unless you are committed to buying one of the new designs. :costumed-smiley-007

highlandercj-7

Explorer
IMHO, if it's bought and paid for, it's not eating anything, it's not going to cost anything to leave it sit and wait for your next adventure. Unless you want to upgrade, keep it.

DavidEllzey

Observer
Thanks for everyone's input. We discussed at length this morning and feel the odds are that next year we will likely be hiking long distance trips as much if not more than this year. Also, in the event we do decide to make our adventure more vehicle based my wife really likes the new Oasis and we would want to get in line for one of those.

I'll be posting the ad shortly in the classifieds.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior