Matthewp's MuTTT (Multiple Terrain Tactical Teardrop).

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
I apologize for the long wait for an update but there was a little backwards workings going on. I had to sand down all the seams to put fiberglass tape on them. But, now, on to better things...
This weekend was all about learning cabinetry. Since all my cabinetry was non-standard, I had to make my own doors. I didn't want something ugly and plain so I hopped on the old interwebs to learn how to make cove panel doors. Amazingly, by studying the instructions until they were memorized, ogled over the pictures, and worked slowly, I was able to do a decent job at them. Here's the pictures of the first drawer.
7fc1857b14038afe3b2496d800174b19.jpg

069809cb4589e460e4394293316521c4.jpg

workingonit71

Aspirantes ad Adventure
Ok. So, she's a little fat! According to the scale, 1780lbs. fat! That's without 23 gallons of water, two batteries and no galley! I'm expecting a total weight around 2300lbs., which is at the top of my weight plans. At least the outside is finished.
duje4ame.jpg

amesy7ys.jpg
Admiring your building skills, both here and on TnTTT. You designed a bulletproof battlewagon from the start, suited for anything...whereas I started mine out as a "hardtop tent" to be towed by minicars. You have followed your set path, and the weight of your trailer is accounted for in your initial planning...whereas I vastly overshot my weight goals-at 1600+ lbs-(by over-equipping? it), and now have to modify and beef up my chassis's structure, to be able to use it anywhere, eventually soft-roading it. Almost done, except for the suitable tires (and suitable tow vehicle to pull it with). I initially planned a similar front window, as yours has, but bought one sized too large (not used due to a slight miscalculation on one design alteration), so I envy you yours. Overall, you have the trailer I wished I had built. Can't wait for your project completion (if there ever is one, on these builds!). Now back to retrofitting mine....

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Admiring your building skills, both here and on TnTTT. You designed a bulletproof battlewagon from the start, suited for anything...whereas I started mine out as a "hardtop tent" to be towed by minicars. You have followed your set path, and the weight of your trailer is accounted for in your initial planning...whereas I vastly overshot my weight goals-at 1600+ lbs-(by over-equipping? it), and now have to modify and beef up my chassis's structure, to be able to use it anywhere, eventually soft-roading it. Almost done, except for the suitable tires (and suitable tow vehicle to pull it with). I initially planned a similar front window, as yours has, but bought one sized too large (not used due to a slight miscalculation on one design alteration), so I envy you yours. Overall, you have the trailer I wished I had built. Can't wait for your project completion (if there ever is one, on these builds!). Now back to retrofitting mine....

I know how you feel! Luckily there hasn't been too many "spontaneous" design changes during the build. A year of design phase resulted in many of the "whoops" moments being on paper rather than in wood and steel!

Good luck on your continuing build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78