Maybe it's the excessive price tags

Grassland

Do you need the Trailhawk?
The Cherokees are decent little rigs. We had a North with the V6 and tow pkg.
I often thought about a small lift and meatier rubber for it. But never pulled the trigger.
I think they are being phased out after '23?

View attachment 781490
IIRC there is a steeper final ratio on the Trailhawk, and I'd want the low range and rear locker.
But at full and mid size truck prices, I'm not interested.
Just been branching out because halfers have been so expensive.
Will see how the GC WK2 tows this summer.
I could order a 3/4 ton gasser 250 and sell the Transit 250, would balance out to a loan of 45k probably. Then not even have to unload the work truck, just hook up to camper and go.
Wife isn't keen on her vehicle being the tow vehicle ?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
IIRC there is a steeper final ratio on the Trailhawk, and I'd want the low range and rear locker.
But at full and mid size truck prices, I'm not interested.
Just been branching out because halfers have been so expensive.
Will see how the GC WK2 tows this summer.
I could order a 3/4 ton gasser 250 and sell the Transit 250, would balance out to a loan of 45k probably. Then not even have to unload the work truck, just hook up to camper and go.
Wife isn't keen on her vehicle being the tow vehicle ?
Well then maybe that's the route to go, haha.

Happy wife and all....

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
We have a Cherokee Trail Hawk, 2018, white and black hood, very comfortable, much more so than my Forrester before it. Tranny is smooth, 4x4 with dialed in options and crawl seems responsive and works well. We got the 4 banger thinking MPG was more important than towing with that vehicle, that was a mistake, MPG isn't but mid 20's at best. With the AC on, lacks power taking off but corrects after it thinks about it.

I've had two coils go out, while on the road, ran like crap and nursed it home both times, expensive to repair. Another big CON, oil must be changed on time or it just turns off and you sit and wait before you can start it again. It thinks it needs changed before the recommended distance.

All in all, it's capable and drives fine, nice on trips. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. We will keep it, but won't buy another (new) Jeep. Most likely the next one will be the Kia SUV with a V6, loaded, my other son's wife has one and it is nice.

I WILL REPEAT WHAT I SAID, I WILL NEVER BUY A CORE DRINK!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan