McMurdo Dry Valleys LTER, Antarctica

expeditionist

Observer
Great photos and insight into what its like to work down there. This looks like an amazing experience. I have always wanted to visit Antarctica. Even looked into working at McMurdo for a season but never did. Thanks for sharing. :)

Nigel Caffiene

Gentleman Scholar
I really enjoyed reading and looking at your photographs of such an amazing trip. Always wanted to conduct research at Antartica, such an awesome opportunity. Thanks for sharing!

Topgun514

Adventurer
Awesome stuff. Look like you also use the great company of Campbell Scientific!!!

I am a Meteorology Major here at University of Utah and love seeing other applications of the degree. I currently work for the BLM as a climatologist here in Utah and it is great seeing other places trying to be kept clean. The research is very important to see better trends in data as our equipment becomes more advanced- no more climate data from a Mercury Thermo. from 1843!

I would love to talk to you in the future about your work, it looks awesome!

Blue one

Dry Valley

Very cool shots would have been a great experience. Here are a couple of shots from a Herc of the a dry valley taken last summer. We got boomeranged half an hour out of Casey Station which had us back at McMurdo in time for Halloween. Fantastic party thanks very much.

P1000645.jpg

P1000646.jpg

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
AWESOME!! I could feel the cold and that wind from my Army winter training were I got a little frost bite on my feet! Now my feet are cold again.....LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan