Mercedes 1222A.. The beginning!

Sitec

Adventurer
The hole goes right through Madoxen. Close Euro6... It is to do with lifting the spare wheels... Here's a hint... I'm using a block and tackle. :)

Sitec

Adventurer
Ah so its for the lifting gantry/arm will it be fixed or removable ?

Pretty close. So, I am going to use a small chain block and tackle which lives in storage when not in use. There'll be two eyes. One on the body and one on the bumper. When needed I put the pulley block in place, take the weight, pull two pins, and lower the bumper to the ground. The pulley block has reasonably long chains which I want to keep long... The hole is to allow the excess chain run through the bumper without wrecking the paint on top! :)
The reason I want to keep the chain long is because there will be a similar setup in the front of the habitation box. There'll be a place to screw an eye into the ceiling directly above the gearbox, so I have the ability to get the gearbox out on my own and lower it to the floor. This is something I had to do once before in Durban and it worked very well! There'll be more on this later in this thread.

Madoxen

I realy like the idea of being able to drop the gear box with a pully block off of an eye. I might jyst have to borrow this one

Sitec

Adventurer
So the bumper is finally done! The first pic is from behind the bumper with the two hidden lockers, and the second pic is the rear face with sunken lights and rego plate recesses.

Chassis Mods 53.jpg
Chassis Mods 52.jpg

Anyone else getting adverts on between posts? Not here to see adverts...

Sitec

Adventurer
It fits!! Here's the bumper in situ! The second pic has the block and tackle chain running thru the hole as intended. It also shows the recovery points. Hidden but reachable.

Chassis Mods 54.jpg

Chassis Mods 55.jpg

Madoxen

It looks good. As usual great work.
How do u plan on lowering and raising the bumper? Or dose the block n chain do both wheels and bumper?

Sitec

Adventurer
It looks good. As usual great work.
How do u plan on lowering and raising the bumper? Or dose the block n chain do both wheels and bumper?

The Block and Tackle does the whole bumper, complete with spare wheels. When the bumper is down the two hidden locker doors can also be accessed. :)

Madoxen

The Block and Tackle does the whole bumper, complete with spare wheels. When the bumper is down the two hidden locker doors can also be accessed.

hehe I had a bit of a brain fart and for some reason thought the wheels would be lifted up and off the bumper but makes much more sense now :)

Sitec

Adventurer
Today was spent making the wheel securing plates and fitting them to the mast. I was trying to think of a light but secure way of holding the wheels to the carrier. Then I remembered these front wheel trims. Perfect!

Chassis Mods 56.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78