Mercedes G-Class 4x4² and Unimog U5030 Extreme Off-Roading - Video

LocoCoyote

World Citizen
I can only shake my head every time I see folks driving off road like the Devil is chasing them....that is no way to treat such fine machines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

McBride

Adventurer
every single G can do the same this 4X4 2 has done in the video.

Indeed. Any well running G can cover the mild terrain shown in the video with ease. With the bi-turbo V8 the 4x4 squared can do it with way more power and torque than a 460, 461 and factory 463's. And with significantly greater axle clearance and advanced suspension the 4x4 squared can easily go places where a normally equipped G pushes its limits. The video doesn't do it justice.

I did a trail today in our G500 that I have done 5 or 6 times in my heavy weight portal axle 461 camper and it was a different game entirely - way easier in the technical sections and deep ruts with the 16" + axle clearance with the portals. I'm really looking forward to when the 4x4 squared is available used at a significantly reduced price. I'm hoping I have money then (like 10 years) as they are above and beyond any normal factory G as far as capability is concerned.

With a few mods it would be awesome. With the electronics it has it kinda scares me though... We'll see how the reliability goes. That's where an old mechanical diesel G comes into the picture - nothing quite like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998