Mercedes W123 Expedition 300TD

casioqv

Dr. Diesel
I love your car and your travels Blurg! I consider it inspiration for my Volvo wagon expedition vehicle, and planned trip to South America with my wife.

I have a few questions if you have time:
1) Have you looked into any locking differential or limited slip options for this car? Are you already using something like that?
2) Can you give more details about how you lifted it? Were the rubber blocks between the spring coils, or between the end of the spring and the body?
3) Have you ran into any problems needing hard to find replacement parts in remote places? If so, how did you deal with this?

Nomadic

Amazing - i'm driving a W123 occasionally. Its a limousine, very silent drive with very soft springs and hydraulic level adjustment. Bashing it to capetown overland sounds like fun - the mods sound very necessary!

Seen several doing the same with a 190D - extremely wanted in Africa!

Patman

Explorer
Just linked over from the "what makes an expedition/overland vehicle" thread.

EPIC!!!!!

Great use of a great vehicle. Wish I had half the adventures you've had.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
I can't help but come back to this thread. I love that wagon. While I have a diesel Benz that I drive/love the wagons hold a special place. This does encourage me to really get some items doneon my 71 220 and do a mini expo with the wife and I! Thank you so much!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Quick question, what are you running for suspension? You look a bit taller than stock in a couple of pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998