MG Metalworks Van Build

Outlaw Images

Your project is inspiring and your work is impeccable !!

Wish I had your talent, knowledge, and work space LOL

I will be following this till the end

Thanks for sharing

packmule

Observer
Amazing work! There aren't many parts on your chassis as it sits that has not been modified or replaced from OE / Quadvan configuration.

Last edited:

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Sometime around Christmas, MG Metalworks will take delivery of an Ecoboost Transit for various product development endeavors. My wife and I have a VW tdi that's part of the whole buy back thing and our original plan was to just get a new VW with the buy back money but after thinking about it a while, the Transit was going to be our next development platform so why not use the VW money towards one of those?! It took a number of tries to get the wife on board with the idea but she came around and let me order this a few weeks ago...

I'm super excited for 2017 and beyond. So many cool things in the works. :)

Cummins project update.... The body is down, the brake lines and ABS are re-routed/re-located, the power steering/hydroboost lines are done, intercooler piping is almost finished... Bolting things back together for the final time is a really awesome feeling. The things that are left are child's play compared to what's been done up to this point.

Great news! It is all those little bits and pieces that are so time consuming getting them right the first time. I will be watching to see what you have in store for the Transit. My sister picked one up this year for her glamping adventures. I can't get her to give up on the non-essentials.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Sometime around Christmas, MG Metalworks will take delivery of an Ecoboost Transit for various product development endeavors. My wife and I have a VW tdi that's part of the whole buy back thing and our original plan was to just get a new VW with the buy back money but after thinking about it a while, the Transit was going to be our next development platform so why not use the VW money towards one of those?! It took a number of tries to get the wife on board with the idea but she came around and let me order this a few weeks ago...

I'm super excited for 2017 and beyond. So many cool things in the works. :)

Cummins project update.... The body is down, the brake lines and ABS are re-routed/re-located, the power steering/hydroboost lines are done, intercooler piping is almost finished... Bolting things back together for the final time is a really awesome feeling. The things that are left are child's play compared to what's been done up to this point.

Awesome news, I think we are going to see a sweet transit 4x4 conversion kit!

screwball48

Explorer
MG you should start the paper work on the restraining orders. Ford engineers will be stalking you once you start the Transit build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranchero

Wanderer
Michael - that's fantastic. I seriously considered a Transit, but could not get around the lack of aftermarket support for it. You have two years. Go!

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Michael - that's fantastic. I seriously considered a Transit, but could not get around the lack of aftermarket support for it. You have two years. Go!

I'm very much looking forward to supporting these. I see a lot of potential in the Transit. The Ecoboost is going to be so much fun!

F451

Observer
Very cool! I had a plumber over recently and we spent more time talking about his Transit then we did covering the plumbing work I needed done. He loves his, has the medium height roof, medium length model with the NA v6. I'm considering picking up a year or two old Transit sometime next year after we get rid of the horse (if the stars align, praying!), then I won't need my 2012 F250 diesel for towing. I'd like the Transit to do daily driver + moto van duties. It looks like a great platform, looking forward to your designs for it. -Eddie

jamesk

Observer
Make a pop top for the mid roof transit. Roof down, and it's tall enough for when it's needed to stealth camp. Roof up and it's open and airy in the boondocks.

High roof transits are just too tall, and only available in the long wheelbase model--sucks for offroading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears