Micro-Start XP-1

java

Expedition Leader
I did get an email response. I was asked to contact the "authorized" seller. Mine was purchased from an Amazon reseller so I don't see any recourse there. I told them this and await a response. I do not wish to speculate on the course this will take, but I do hope they will stand behind their product :)

Bummer, Ill have to email my seller I guess...

dddonkey

Adventurer
Interesting, I have being checking mine every 10-12 weeks and it is dead or almost dead every time. I thought they would hold a charge longer than that.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Interesting, I have being checking mine every 10-12 weeks and it is dead or almost dead every time. I thought they would hold a charge longer than that.
I have two. The one I have in my truck holds the charge perfectly. I have never found it dead. Works super!

java

Expedition Leader
Henry,

I got a claim form from them. They did ask if I had bought it on amazon or ebay though. Have to pay to ship it back and be tested...

4xdog

Explorer
I last charged my Microgravity XP-3 four months ago, and just checked its state-of-charge. It's down about 30-40% below full. That kind of holding power is fine by me.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Henry,

I got a claim form from them. They did ask if I had bought it on amazon or ebay though. Have to pay to ship it back and be tested...
Any leads on where you got the claim form? I have not received a reply beyond the initial response.

java

Expedition Leader
Any leads on where you got the claim form? I have not received a reply beyond the initial response.
From Antigravity, had to call them to get any response. But they did ask if I had bought it on Amazon or eBay.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Did you get any help from Antigravity? I was told they can not accept the unit. They only deal with their authorized retailer. They will only talk with the retailer. I was sent back to contact Amazon and then their "partner" Koolekoo who fulfilled the order.
Havier at Antigravity said he needed a phone number for the seller to proceed.
Amazon has a 30 day return policy. I am outside that. Antigravity says if they sell the unti it has a three year warranty, but only if you purchase through them or their "authorized retailer".

First time I have encountered a manufacturer who does not stand right behind their product. I really had no idea that I had to do more research before the purchase to find out that their warranty only applies to certian sellers and you have to try to find that on their website.

Funny, their warranty says: "All warranty claims are handled by Antigravity Batteries directly. All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original receipt from your retailer or your Antigravity Batteries Invoice. Do not contact your reseller for warranty claims. You may request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA#) by sending an email notification to info@antigravitybatteries.com. You will be sent a warranty claim form."
Now I am being sent to the reseller? Kinda screwy....

java

Expedition Leader
Did you get any help from Antigravity? I was told they can not accept the unit. They only deal with their authorized retailer. They will only talk with the retailer. I was sent back to contact Amazon and then their "partner" Koolekoo who fulfilled the order.
Havier at Antigravity said he needed a phone number for the seller to proceed.
Amazon has a 30 day return policy. I am outside that. Antigravity says if they sell the unti it has a three year warranty, but only if you purchase through them or their "authorized retailer".

First time I have encountered a manufacturer who does not stand right behind their product. I really had no idea that I had to do more research before the purchase to find out that their warranty only applies to certian sellers and you have to try to find that on their website.

Funny, their warranty says: "All warranty claims are handled by Antigravity Batteries directly. All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original receipt from your retailer or your Antigravity Batteries Invoice. Do not contact your reseller for warranty claims. You may request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA#) by sending an email notification to info@antigravitybatteries.com. You will be sent a warranty claim form."
Now I am being sent to the reseller? Kinda screwy....

I mailed it in. They sent me a different form than that one. I saw that too on their website. I think it may be for their vehicle batteries. My retailer is in Afghanistan right now.... He said if they couldn't help me out he would when he gets back. Hopefully I get a new unit soon....

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I mailed it in. They sent me a different form than that one. I saw that too on their website. I think it may be for their vehicle batteries. My retailer is in Afghanistan right now.... He said if they couldn't help me out he would when he gets back. Hopefully I get a new unit soon....
I asked about mailing mine back, but was told that they could not do anything. They had to speak to the retailer first. I have to provide them with a phone number. I made contact through Amazon, but I'm not holding my breath for a response.

Maybe a lesson learned? That is really sad. The first one I bought is awesome. Working great. Same retailer.
Good thing now is that there are many, many too choose from now. I am seeing them everywhere under different labels. If this doesn't pan out I will avoid Antigravity and look for another pack where I have some backing if there is a problem :) Boy, I really think they are cutting their own throats by not standing behind their product and stepping up to please their customers. I have recommended this unit to several people. I know of five sales made just on my recommendation. Now I am sure that I am not the only one with that story. Multiply that and the numbers get huge. Now that I know what I do, the reverse may be true. That bad experience will push business elsewhere.
Such is business I guess. Hopefully the good ones prosper :)

java

Expedition Leader
Yeah pretty unfortunate. I was bummed when mine was dead.

I understand the whole trying to protect their retailers, and their prices, but it does suck that they basically let their product be not supported to some buyers. Especially since I am sure a boat load are sold on Amazon.

Im not holding my breath on mine, I bought it at a rally, and only have a square receipt for it, it doesn't say what for just the amount and sellers name.... Ill keep you updated if I hear anything from them.

java

Expedition Leader
Update: received a new unit in the mail today! Came in showing 2/3 charge. Its on the charger now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle