Military 4 Part Sleeping Systems (ie Kick A** Sleeping Bags)- $125

Status
Not open for further replies.

kee

I've used this system both in Iraq and stateside and it's great. In Iraq I would take only the smaller, green "patrol bag" since it stuffs so small. Here in the states I have spent a weekend in 15 degree weather camping on the snow and had to keep the bag partially unzipped so I wouldn't sweat too much. Great system at a great price!!!

Calilove1

Jeep & Camping Enthusiast
Full material is synthetic in these systems... Pm me a full shipping address and let me figure out the best way to ship to you.

Maybe I'll break it up and do a couple of flat rate boxes??? I'll have to compare with UPS to be sure.

corprin

Adventurer
+another for this sleep system!

I turned in my old ICW bag for one of these in the late 90s and spent the remainder of my enlistment acquiring bits to build my own set. $125 is a hell of a deal, especially when AAFES/CIF will charge nearly twice that for just the GorTex cover. I doubt you will ever find a more versatile sleep system for just about EVERY climate you are going to camp in.

Used mine in -17F overnight temps last deer season in northern WI while sleeping in the back of the Liberty for a week. Black and green layers with bivy unzipped, sleeping in my birthday suit because it was that warm.

2011-11-20093429.jpg

2011-11-20090810.jpg

2011-11-20090717.jpg

even the brine from the roads was freezing to the trailer.

There is a reason you are not hearing anyone say "I like these bags... but" because they ARE that good!

corprin

Adventurer
Note to self - if corprin ever puts a sleeping bag up for sale, I don't want it. :)

Don't worry, I will never sell it ;)

I have proven over the years sleeping in some of the worst weather in the world, the BEST clothing to wear inside your fart-sack is nothing at all. IF you have to wear something, it should be a very light wicking layer. Cotton underwear/t-shirts and other stuff holds the cold close to your body and the bag won't be as efficient.

Calilove1

Jeep & Camping Enthusiast
My kids and I used our bags again this weekend in the high desert and all I can say is we love these bags. The versatility of the system is awesome. I used just the patrol bag and my son used the patrol plus Bivy and my daughter used the intermediate cold bag. It's like the "sleep number" bed in a sleeping bag system. :). I personally have yet to use all the bags at once but I also haven't convinced anyone to camp in sub zero temps yet either. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger