Military Camper Trailer Build

Just picked this trailer up,Has a metal cap on with 2 side doors that open to the inside and large rear door,no rust anywhere,Top does not leak,All doors lock with key

Plans are to repaint the trailer and frame,new tires,Going to turn it into a kayak fishing camping rig,going to build a camping setup on the inside and have fishing rod storage on ceiling,Going to put a small fridge,water faucet on the outside for fish cleaning,then have a stove of some sort.

Going to build a ladder/ramp for the back,so the my dog can get in and out.Its a work in progress,but I will post every step of the build. Any insight on designing the inside would be appreciated.

20161214_205139.jpg20161214_205200.jpg20161214_205150.jpg

Trailboss

Senior Curmudgeon
I did the same thing about a 1 1/2 years ago for a farm tool trailer. The cap was used by an air conditioning company, then a farrier, so it is well used. I also thought about removing the side storage boxes to make a camper trailer, but have other options now. I also had to use 4x4s for the cap to set on so the door would set on the trailer floor. Unfortunately, my trailer leaks when it rains, so I need to fix that. I'm thinking foam camper tape on top and bottom of the 4x4s and a 3.5"x4" piece of angled aluminum sheet to cover the top and outside of the wood 4x4 should stop the majority of the leaks.

IMG_0893-s.jpg IMG_0907 -s.jpg IMG_0909 - s.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179